Increase sell price for covers of maxed champions

Options
Dayv
Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
Here's something that would help to ramp up the ISO gain for players as they progress through the game:

Double the ISO selling price for any covers a player has at maxed champion level.

Right now, once a character reaches maximum champion level, covers for that character go back to being nothing but ISO, unless they want to start a duplicate. Why not reward them for maxing that character out by making those covers continue to be of greater benefit for the rest of the character's roster?

There's basically no downside here. Increased ISO for the high-level players that need it without deeply imbalancing the ISO flow for newbies. Greater reason to champ more characters, improving roster diversity. Warm fuzzies for everyone.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't had my coffee yet and confused red and green for a minute. I thought this was a dev announcement and not a suggestion when I clicked on it. (I read forum by active topics, and don't pay attention to what sub it comes from)

Boo.
    image.jpg?w=727&c=1
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would settle for a bonus amount much lower than doubling. If only this could be a negotiation; I approve of anchoring high.
  • Dayv
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Haven't had my coffee yet and confused red and green for a minute. I thought this was a dev announcement and not a suggestion when I clicked on it.
    I like to think it's such a good suggestion that it sounds like a dev announcement? :D
  • Dayv
    Options
    Buuuuut....can the game make a roster check when a cover is sold? Of course it should be able to; already checks for whether a cover can be trained or added to a champ. But can the sell prices be made dynamic? How many man-hours of coding are we looking at here? Man-weeks? Man-years? icon_e_wink.gif
    Intuitively, it feels like a relatively simple change, but I am not a programmer, I haven't seen the code, and I would probably cry if I did see it.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Change approved. (Man, wouldn't that be nice, if we had that power?)

I've added this to the Suggestions Index of Hot Topics. I also organized that list a bit more, putting suggestions into overall categories. The list started getting pretty long, and I think the categories make it a little more manageable to look through.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be great. I max-champed a bunch of 2*s, but then I sold them to start all over again. But then I realized I should invest in my 4*s instead, so now I have a bunch of lv 15 fully-covered 2*s, where there were once a bunch of max-champed 2*s, which makes me sad.

And when my 3*s, 4*s and 5*s get max-champed and go back to being just a pittance of ISO, I'll be super sad as well.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    overall that would tempt me to make more 2* champs (hawk/daken/wolvie) because eventually I'd break even and go ahead (eventually). not hurting for slots and you get some of the hp back.