Would this upset the meta?

Suddenreal
Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
First of all, let me tell you my situation. I am transitioning from 2* to 3*, so my highest characters are near max championed 2*. I plan to keep my 3* close to their level, until I have a good enough team that will synergize together. This means that during any battles, I can mix up 2* and 3* characters which can lead to some interesting tactics (Ms Marvel's yellowflag.png with Classic Magneto's redflag.png can deal massive damage while Moonstone can steal the strike tiles Patch puts on the board for the enemy). But obviously I can only use this until level 144 since after that the difference in level between 2* and 3* will be too big, especially when my 3* start their champion run. Sure, I can keep them on as pure support, but having a lvl 144 next to a 200+ level character is just dumb, since they're more squishy and you can easily put in a character that does more damage, even if he or she doesn't provide the same synergy or tactics.

Now, since 2* and 3* characters have been nerfed, so that they won't do as much damage as the rarity higher, why not raise their champion level cap so all characters have the same max level regardless of rarity? I think there would be some interesting team compositions if you could include 2, 3 and/or 4* characters in the same team, since with the raised level (and thus HP and damage) they'd still be able to pull their weight and have added durability. (Of course, with added champion bonusses, I would exclude any cover rewards and just give heroic tokens instead.)

So, what do you guys think of this?

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    They do this once every couple months in the offseason with the Balance of Power event. Every character gets boosted to max level, and then it's all about covers and synergy. Before the nerf, one of the best teams for that event was OBW, Ares, and Juggernaut. After the nerf, the 4* and 5* were too much more powerful, even with the synergies provided by the lower level characters.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    There are a few reasons they do not let tiers blend. One, you can design a certain power bench per tier. This prevents one character being the only character you use from day one. Another reason is it inspires you to expand your roster more. A feeling of transition is a feeling of growth, and that keeps you playing. Going from 2* to 3* can be a lot of fun, I hope you enjoy it!