LTs [Once new 5* added] [Merged Topic]

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
How are we updating LTs, now that we have 7 5*s?

Are you releasing an all OML LT, 100% of getting OML, 33.3% chance for each color? 10 CP each? icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, I guess there will be more than 2 LTs now?

Mod Edit: Clarified title to reflect content, merged 2 identical threads in to create a master thread on topic.

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Like Howard, 5* Cap and Iron Man will only be available during Civil War season. Problem solved.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37977
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Latest Legends packs contain the last three released 5-Star Heroes and all 4-Star Heroes (except Devil Dino).

Classic Legends packs contain all Heroes that have been rotated out of Latest Legends packs.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slarow wrote:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37977
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Latest Legends packs contain the last three released 5-Star Heroes and all 4-Star Heroes (except Devil Dino).

Classic Legends packs contain all Heroes that have been rotated out of Latest Legends packs.

Sure, but there will now be 4 5*s in the classic pool. Will the 5* percentage increase to 13.3333333%, or Will each individual 5* drop at 2.5% rate. It sure would be nice for the devs to comment on this. (hint: it will be the latter! So enjoy having an even smaller chance of getting those OML covers that are almost the only thing that matters in the current meta).
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am hoarding my command points as I was intending to champion more 4*s. If the rates stay the same at 3.33%, then I can continue to hoard, otherwise I'll have to open them all (and probably post my dismal pulls of 76 classics). Only managed to championed 8 too, I bet I won't be getting covers for these but heaps of the others not championed.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Slarow wrote:
    "David wrote:

Sure, but there will now be 4 5*s in the classic pool. Will the 5* percentage increase to 13.3333333%, or Will each individual 5* drop at 2.5% rate. It sure would be nice for the devs to comment on this. (hint: it will be the latter! So enjoy having an even smaller chance of getting those OML covers that are almost the only thing that matters in the current meta).

I believe the 5* rate is fixed at 10% so the more (4) classic 'epic' characters will continue to be watered down to 2.5% each. But I would love to have this confirmed, since it'll be the last chance OML is available @ 3.33%
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    This is what was in the press release:

When players earn a legendary token from the Civil War event, they can use that token for the side they earned it for a chance to get that character.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2609 ... z474k9py4k

That looks like there will be a Team Cap Legendary token and a Team Iron Man Legendary token. Maybe just maybe, each one will only contain only one 5* and a bunch of 4*s. Hopefully if it is, the drop rate will be the full 10%.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    This deals damage to target opponent and creates a strength tile.

From the article. Is this a new tile type, or was this probably supposed to be strength X protect/attack/strike tile?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    So we are going to get two new 5s next week, that eventually will come to the Legendary Tokens, probably after the Civil War event finishes (confirmation please). If nothing changes that will mean that New LTs will have IM, Cap and GG at 3.3% and then Phoenix and Spidey will move to classic LTs were they will share a 2.5% with SS and OML.

Can devs/mods confirm this please? I think we all would like to know:
    - When IM and Cap will be added to new LTs and Spidey and Phoenix moved to classic LTs?
    - What will be the new chance for any 5 in classic LTs?
    - Are the chances of getting 5s in classic LTs going to remain at 10% even with 4 5s?

Some of us have been hoarding CPs and LTs and this is a very important piece of information if we would want to open them and still have the 3.33% of getting an OML.

PS: I guess the more safe thing to do if you want to get an OML is open them before the Civil War event, BUT maybe, devs will raise the chances of 5s in classic LTs to 13.33% when they add Spidey, so it would be great to know
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Slarow wrote:
    "David wrote:

Very wrong, i will take on OML over Green Goblin any-day, all day. OML's days are about done.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    My guess is the Latest LT will split into Cap LT (containing Cap, GG and BSS) and IM LT (containing Iron Man, GG and BSS) icon_e_wink.gif
  • Polares
    One thing is what will happen during the event, with these Cap LT and IM LT, and another completely different thing, and the most important in the long run is what will happen with classic LTs and Lastest LTs. We need confirmation on this second change.

Again, are chances going to remain at 10% and then share this 10% between all 5s or are chances going to increase?

For the Civil War event I think we will get two different new LTs with just Cap and Team Cap chars (probably all of them, not just 4s) and the same thing with IM. If it is just the 5 and 4s then the canhce maybe 10-90, and the LTs will be harder to get. If all the team X can be obtained in the token, it will probably be something like 0.2% for a 5, 5% for the 4s, 30% for the 3s and the rest for the 2s, and of course they will be easier to get.

But anyway, I want to what will happen afterwards to lastest and classic LTs.
    Malcrof wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Slarow wrote:
    "David wrote:

Very wrong, i will take on OML over Green Goblin any-day, all day. OML's days are about done.

Thing is, most people still doesn't have covered GGs, but he is much much better in defense, and much much faster in attack BUT you can still easily win him if you have a good OML (390+), and even if he fires black or purple you can still heal all the damage. But if they really lower the chances of the classic LTs to 2.5%, and if Cap and IM are good I am going to start spending all my CPs in latest LTs. GG is the master of PVP !
  • Vhailorx
    Malcrof wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Slarow wrote:
    "David wrote:

Disagree. If I had to win one match and could only have a single 5*, then GG is the way to go.

But if I had to play this game in the real world and could only have one 5* if would absolutely be OML. He plays well with almost any other teammate (especially anyone that makes attack tiles), has enough health to hang with anyone, and has very strong passive true healing to keep playing match after match. And it's not like his abilities don't offer incredible damage potential after transforming. GG spikes a bit higher, but OML provides awesome value all day long. And in case you hadn't noticed, demiurge wants us all to grind. A lot!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaentom wrote:
    This is what was in the press release:

When players earn a legendary token from the Civil War event, they can use that token for the side they earned it for a chance to get that character.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2609 ... z474k9py4k

That looks like there will be a Team Cap Legendary token and a Team Iron Man Legendary token. Maybe just maybe, each one will only contain only one 5* and a bunch of 4*s. Hopefully if it is, the drop rate will be the full 10%.

This is the same impression I get too. The current Legendary Tokens would remain unchanged, at least for the duration of the event with Stark and Rogers being in their own separately titled versions of Legendary Tokens. Additional content of said tokens could only he guessed at but I don't think it would be improbable to have 4* characters for each faction, drop percentages for the titular characters I would imagine being either 3.33% or 0.2% depending on the generosity of D3 Go!

Of course this is all guesswork so hopefully more information from an admin will be forthcoming soon.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Disagree. If I had to win one match and could only have a single 5*, then GG is the way to go.

But if I had to play this game in the real world and could only have one 5* if would absolutely be OML. He plays well with almost any other teammate (especially anyone that makes attack tiles), has enough health to hang with anyone, and has very strong passive true healing to keep playing match after match. And it's not like his abilities don't offer incredible damage potential after transforming. GG spikes a bit higher, but OML provides awesome value all day long. And in case you hadn't noticed, demiurge wants us all to grind. A lot!

Yup, with my 420 OML, I can climb from 0-1000 with 4 health packs or less. Use tends to go up with 4* AoE buffs, but generally, it's not a problem
  • Polares
    No red yet to shine some light into this?
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    No red yet to shine some light into this?

You must be new.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I feel 2.5% is the wrong way to go. What happens with the next 5, 2%?The odds of building a well covered 5 goes down considerably the longer the game goes. Just not very well thought out d-team.
  • Vhailorx
    westnyy2 wrote:
    I feel 2.5% is the wrong way to go. What happens with the next 5, 2%?The odds of building a well covered 5 goes down considerably the longer the game goes. Just not very well thought out d-team.

Next you'll be saying that it's a bit silly to describe winter soldier as "available today!" when he is at a 0.2% drop rate in hulk event tokens.

Gamers these days. . . so entitled!

icon_e_smile.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone red respond yet? Odds are staying at 3.33% or else going down to very small percentages? Soon 0.05% and less per individual 5*, once they release enough?
  • Polares
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Did anyone red respond yet? Odds are staying at 3.33% or else going down to very small percentages? Soon 0.05% and less per individual 5*, once they release enough?

In the new Civil War info thread (part II) they said that Cap and IM will go to new LTs AFTER the SECOND civil war event, and Spidey will go to the classic LTs (they didn't say anything about Phoenix but I guess because she is already in the classic LTs). They didn't say anything about the ratios though. Maybe they have not decided yet if they want to be generous or not, but assuming they didn't say anything I guess it is because the 10% is still the ratio for all 5s in the classic LT.