MPQ 'Civil War' Press Release & Video

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ fans,

If you are eager for more Marvel Puzzle Quest 'Civil War' details you can read a clip from our latest press release below and view a new trailer.

Press Release Quote:
    "Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War is coming to theaters next week on May 6th and Marvel Entertainment and D3 Go! are celebrating the release in Marvel Puzzle Quest by letting players take part in a brand new 'Civil War' in-game event starting on May 5th. In the event, players will be able to choose a side (Team Cap or Team Iron Man) with their Alliance and battle through missions of the opposing team and ultimately confront a special boss version of Captain America or Iron Man. Inspired by the film, players will be able to compete in the event with their Alliance mates to recruit both 5-star Epic Characters, Steve Rogers (First Avenger) and Iron Man (Mark XLVI) to their roster. To mark the launch of the upcoming special in-game event, Winter Soldier will be available in Marvel Puzzle Quest starting tomorrow. Winter Soldier will be the required character to fully complete all the nodes in the first run of the 'Civil War' event, while upcoming character, War Machine, will mark the second run scheduled to start later in the month. List of Pro-Registration and Anti-Registration Teams in Marvel Puzzle Quest: • Team Iron Man includes: Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Vision, War Machine and more. • Team Captain America includes: Captain America, Ant-Man, Falcon, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, and more."

You can view the new 'Choose Your Team' trailer HERE.

Comments

• Multiple 1v1 matchups. Interesting.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    So... Based on the trailer, does it mean there are nodes where 1*s are essentials?

I saw a 1* black widow fighting with 2* hawkeye
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    soooo... if winter soldier is required to 'fully' complete all the nodes, that obviously means you won't be able to get all the rewards from the event if you fail or choose to not get him in the upcoming hulk event, right?
  • philosorapt0r
    philosorapt0r Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    So...a 7-day new-character-release event to get the required character for the brand new event for new 5*s?

<Grabs marshmallows and a stick, waits for this to sink in.>
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    so Winter Soldier is on Team Cap but you still need him if you're playing the Team Iron Man nodes?
  • Mawtful wrote:
    so Winter Soldier is on Team Cap but you still need him if you're playing the Team Iron Man nodes?

That's what I'm wondering. My guess? Winter Soldier is cap only required and War Machine will be the same for Iron man next run.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:
    So... Based on the trailer, does it mean there are nodes where 1*s are essentials?

I saw a 1* black widow fighting with 2* hawkeye

If it like other boss fights, any Black Widow will work as the essential, same goes for others.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have all one-stars rostered (sorry, yelena!). Which characters are required?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The boosted list is here, in bold: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43443

As Malcrof said, the boosted 1*s are the ones with higher tier variants. Any variant should let you play their node.

Looks like I have to roster Hawkeye again...
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    "• Team Iron Man includes: Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Vision, War Machine and more."

War Machine? Was that an error, or another char to be released?
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    "• Team Iron Man includes: Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Vision, War Machine and more."

War Machine? Was that an error, or another char to be released?
    Read the announcements. 4 new characters will be releases for Civil War: 4* Winter Soldier, 4* War Machine, 5* Cap and 5* Iron Man.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Thank you, I had missed that little tidbit.