1* Venom's Strongest Color Green?

Esheris
Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
Maybe I'm crazy, but after the last update every 1* Venom I face has Green listed as his strongest color. I never noticed that before...or maybe it's new. Hopefully someone can clear this up!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    always has been if you look at his match colors (that I know of). that's an odd one since the strongest color of the other 2-ability characters are of active colors. that I know of anyway. one of jugs matching colors is black but his strongest is green. so, you can feel free to let the panther rage against venom and it doesn't benefit him at all. however, might not be doing much harm with blade by taking his strongest.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Well I would agree...but before the patch I was using 4* Wolverine's Surgical Strike (and Venom was the only one alive since I always save him for last) and it never got rid of Green until today.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quite a few of the older characters have tile strengths in a different order from their cover colors. There's a list of them somewhere on the forum, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Check out Deadpool, Beast, Loki, Classic Magneto, and Daken of either rarity for more examples of this.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I would hazard a guess that Venom's strongest match colour is set as green so that he'll trigger Pheromone Rage more often when paired with Daken...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    While that's a good reason for green to be one of his colors, it doesn't really factor into making it his strongest color.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    I would hazard a guess that Venom's strongest match colour is set as green so that he'll trigger Pheromone Rage more often when paired with Daken...
    I'm pretty sure Daken didn't even exist in the game yet when Venom was released.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Daken didn't even exist in the game yet when Venom was released.

1* Venom and 2* Daken were in the game at launch. They're both part of the prologue storyline.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

1* Venom and 2* Daken were in the game at launch. They're both part of the prologue storyline.
    OK, I'm probably misremembering the launch of 3* Daken, then.

That said, at launch the game had a lot of characters with only two powers, and many of them had color strengths that seemed surprising in comparison to later releases and usually still do.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heck, Venom's not the only one who had weird tile strengths at launch.

2* Daken's original tile strengths were greentile.png / blacktile.png / purpletile.png. Again, no green ability.

Grey Suit Black Widow had purpletile.png / bluetile.png / blacktile.png -- and her abilities were still greentile.png / redtile.png / purpletile.png !