Drax feedback

elwhiteninja
elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
So after playing a bit with drax I find him interesting but a bit wonky. So here is my 2 cents and some suggestions

Red: I love it! It's cheap and I like the idea of using it on a fresh opponent for extra damage.

Purple: decent damage for the cost but the end the turn is totally unnecessary. Furthermore because it ends the turn it really is a 2 turn countdown rather than a 3 turn. 8 ap in a flooded color that does 7k damage is pretty decent but we must take into account the loss of a turn effectively making it cost 8+>3ap+ally ability. Making it much lower damage per ap than 875 ap ratio probably closer to 500ish.

Suggestion: make purple self stub drax for one turn. You keep the same mechanic that you can't purple then black. But it keeps the team moving as it is. Other than running im40 I see no reason to want to end the turn for that much single target damage. Added bonus it truly is a 3 turn countdown now.

Black: very interesting especially with some teammates. It is very expensive though. 12 ap + a friendly cool down (only sw and falcon generate free ones that last longer than 1 turn) and the added remove instead of destroy meaning xpool does not play well with drax.

Suggestion: keep cost the same change mechanics to destroy to test with xpool then reevaluate. Possibly make its cost increase/decrease depending on number of cool downs converted

All in all he seems pretty low tier because of his turn ending purple.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not allowed to destroy because of Green Goblin and future Fortify characters. Honestly not sure what they were thinking, except something like Cyclops yellowflag.png is SO cheap to use, place three, then use Destroyer. So AP inefficient. Could have done without the **** version of Wilson's Gambit. I think an IM 40-style AP depletion would have been better. Combine with a Nick Fury idea. "If you have 5 greentile.png , deplete 5 greentile.png to deal extra damage." Add more colors at later ranks. Still "leaving allies high and dry" but making the ability usable.