One of the few whom enjoys the Hulk scaling!

Options
2»

Comments

• The people who tend to hate it are the mid tier players who've grinded enough to make the enemy lvls go up but their roster lacks strong or buffed characters. What ends up happening for them is they literally can't beat the enemies they're facing. in the past losing enough times against them stronger enemies has made the lvls go down, not sure if that's still the case.

They also hate the fact the newer players like you are able to score more pts than them in the events bc you're facing weaker enemies. What they should do is have different brackets with different lvl caps and different rewards. New players should be going against new players fighting for 2 star characters. If veterans want to try to get a 2 star reward from those tourneys, they can't use their lvl 3 characters. In the 3* tournament, there should be no enemy scaling so newbies shouldn't be able to compete. That way there's no complaints about newbies taking the 3 star covers bc they're fighting scrub enemies but new players can still participate and compete

Personally I also like facing the tougher enemies as long as they're actually beatable. I agree it makes you use different characters for different situations. You'd be surprised how easy 230 hulk is with a low level buffed hawk eye and punisher.

totally agree but this is the challenge. not sure why people sell their old characters because you will likely need them in future events. If you are running out of cover slots, put a little money in to expand them. if you are at the 2-3* phase you've been playing a free game for a while. give a little back to the devs.

before being able to place well in these long PvE events, you have to get better at the 3 day tournaments so you can grab some 2* and eventually 3* covers. even fully scaled PvE nodes are not that bad once you get some maxed 2*s and a wide variety of characters.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Right now the enemy scaling level actually makes a lot of sense if there is no Spiderman/Magneto in the game. The easy stuff is easy. The normal stuff wears your guys out a bit but is definitely doable, and the 230X3s are, well, the 230X3s. We had them before there were scaling too and nothing wrong with having one particularly tough encounter per sub bracket.

All my fights are 230x3s. Well I say all of them but I mean the 2 gatekeeper missions that will unlock today's subevents. Both of them are all 230x3 for me. I would love some of this easy stuff you speak of.
  • akboyce wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Right now the enemy scaling level actually makes a lot of sense if there is no Spiderman/Magneto in the game. The easy stuff is easy. The normal stuff wears your guys out a bit but is definitely doable, and the 230X3s are, well, the 230X3s. We had them before there were scaling too and nothing wrong with having one particularly tough encounter per sub bracket.

All my fights are 230x3s. Well I say all of them but I mean the 2 gatekeeper missions that will unlock today's subevents. Both of them are all 230x3 for me. I would love some of this easy stuff you speak of.

My fights went from all 230s to the 100s range, and I didn't do anything on my own. I recall back in TaT you'd actually have different instances of the missions (e.g. there's a mission that has The Hood solo, and sometimes it'd be The Hood + 2 other guys), so maybe you got to reload a few times or conduct some rituals to get the easier ones. At least, I assume the intention this time around is to have more reasonable scaling factors so that getting 230X3 should not be the norm, outside of the final encounter.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    akboyce wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

My fights went from all 230s to the 100s range, and I didn't do anything on my own. I recall back in TaT you'd actually have different instances of the missions (e.g. there's a mission that has The Hood solo, and sometimes it'd be The Hood + 2 other guys), so maybe you got to reload a few times or conduct some rituals to get the easier ones. At least, I assume the intention this time around is to have more reasonable scaling factors so that getting 230X3 should not be the norm, outside of the final encounter.

Not sure what dark ritual I need to perform but quitting game and restarting phone have not done it. I may have to resort to the dark art of submitting a ticket. If that does not work I shall begin sacrificing kittens.... Perhaps after that some Ginyu style interpretive dance....
  • Hammer goons are way too overpowered with this stupid scaling. "Kill me in x number of turns or your whole party dies!"
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The opponents seem reasonably leveled for my roster. I can send a variety of teams against them, and generally walk out alive. With the slightest bit of unluck, though, they chew my teams up, but don't instakill my team.

That lets me play at the "fun" level. I'm currently enjoying a Black Panther + BWGS combo, with Rage of the Panther + Sniper Fire as a finishing move.

Hulk is at a low enough level that my match 5's trigger his Anger, and that's really messed me up a few times. The top 15 heroes in my roster are all seriously injured, except Patch (who heals in battle) and Spiderman (who I've been avoiding). No health patch left. But I was able to field 5 completely different teams, without resorting to old strategies.

Most of the opponents have been in the LVL80 - LVL150 range. When they are LVL230, I can send the bottom of my roster in for a slaughter to get my rating down. I always play to win, though, even with a sacrificial team. I won with Capt America, Modern Storm, Daken when I wasn't expecting to.
  • Howler wrote:
    Hammer goons are way too overpowered with this stupid scaling. "Kill me in x number of turns or your whole party dies!"

you have to figure out which characters are good against those types of opponents. also there are tricks to the way these guys operate.