Wolverine xforce recovery tile not working

Xforce Wolverine has the recovery tile that needs to be "matched" according to the description, for it to destroy the other tiles.

If it gets destroyed by a 4match row, it is destroying the tiles. Action is not matching description.

Comments

• Every power I've seen counts the entire row in a match 4 as a "match". This is working as designed, or at least as it has historically forever.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Every power I've seen counts the entire row in a match 4 as a "match". This is working as designed, or at least as it has historically forever.

Unfortunately, not true. There is a little inconsistency here based on the reading of other powers.
    Recovery - Cost: 9 Yellow AP
    Wolverine’s healing factor repairs his wounds, and he ferociously lashes out if interrupted. Places a 3-turn Yellow Countdown tile that heals for 1187 health when activated. If the Countdown tile is matched, Wolverine destroys 6 random tiles, dealing 55 damage per tile.
    Insult to Injury - Black PASSIVE
    Doctor Octopus casually delivers a scathing monologue about his superior intellect while his metal arms continue their assault. Whenever you make a match that includes enemy special tiles, add a Black Attack tile to the board of strength 27.

Doctor Octopus does not place attack tiles if the enemy special tiles are not part of the match-4 but are instead somewhere in the rest of the row.

I have not tested Wolverine's yellow as that is fairly circumstantial and mine isn't covered enough for regular use, but I would assume that a match-4 that includes the Recovery tile in the row, but not the match, to be destroyed with no consequences similar to Doc Ock based on the power descriptions.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daredevil's trap tile works the same way a Wolverines recover tile. I have both heroes and have seen this many times. Those annoying Kieshu trap tiles go off that way too.

I guess Doc Ock's power must be coded slightly differently to directly check the gems that make up the match.

KGB
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    KGB wrote:
    Daredevil's trap tile works the same way a Wolverines recover tile. I have both heroes and have seen this many times. Those annoying Kieshu trap tiles go off that way too.

I guess Doc Ock's power must be coded slightly differently to directly check the gems that make up the match.

KGB

Trap tiles have always worked that way - if a trap is in a match or in the row, it is set off by matching the match-3 or matching away the row.. Wolverine's tile is not a trap. It's a countdown. Based on similar power descriptions, it shouldn't be doing as described in the OP.

This is easily tested in the current Hulk PvE loaner node with Miles.
    Power & Responsibility - 8 yellowtile.png AP
    Spider-Man leaps into action, using his webs to save innocent bystanders, their gratitude inspiring him to get back into the fight. Creates 1 Web tile.

(PASSIVE) Whenever a Web tile is matched, gain 1 Purple AP.

The passive says, "Whenever a Web tile is matched." If you make a match-4 and destroy a row, but the web tile is not included in the match-4 itself, you get no AP gain. You can reproduce this yourself on the loaner if you don't have Miles and don't believe it.

As I said before, I don't use XFW enough to test, but since his tile is a CD and not a trap, I would expect similar behavior to Doc Ock and Miles's powers, not trap tiles.