Miles Morales' 4* DDQ: Star-Lord who?

Options

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3/3/2 at lvl 168, did it first try with rainbow boosts (didn't need it). Got his purple out quick and Starlord never got a chance to fire off anything but his yellowflag.png . I apperciated Miles 's yellowflag.png more here, it really helped to keep the other powers going.

Got a greenflag.pngicon_carnage.png from the token.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4/2/2 lvl 110 Miles

Took three tries because of course starlord gets gigantic purple cascades out of nowhere. icon_e_confused.gif

icon_professorx.pngpurpleflag.png
  • --cfi--
    --cfi-- Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Haha. Done. With a level 70 1/2/0... to "win" icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.pngicon_cry.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I leveled my 5/4/4 Miles to 111 and just got Starlord firs try without trying too much icon_razz.gif If you control purple it is really easy. Probably the easiest fight of all.

Now I am really concerned about Venom, after a very easy fight... And I just have two yellow Venoms :S
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3/0/2 @127lvl - win on 1st try and it was the easiest 4*DDQ ever icon_cool.gif

Reward: blueflag.pngicon_punisher.png
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Options
    Wow, I must be really bad then. My 1/0/2 miles stands no chance at all. How can poeple with 1/0/1 win this. Even with boosts I can only bring him to half healt before he can cast 2 purple on me.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Wow, I must be really bad then. My 1/0/2 miles stands no chance at all. How can poeple with 1/0/1 win this. Even with boosts I can only bring him to half healt before he can cast 2 purple on me.
    Bad luck/board? There is no big strategy here - just match all purple and prevent letting SL to match any purple.

On my try I managed to use my purple 5x (so 3x invisible and 2x damage) and 3x red. And SL didn't use his purple even once.

Use boosts: +2 all APs, +2 blue/purple, all colors damage.
  • Cunneryn
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Bad luck/board? There is no big strategy here - just match all purple and prevent letting SL to match any purple.

On my try I managed to use my purple 5x (so 3x invisible and 2x damage) and 3x red. And SL didn't use his purple even once.

Use boosts: +2 all APs, +2 blue/purple, all colors damage.

I wouldn't call that bad luck. Its always like this in DDQ4. Its either me having bad luck all the time or me simply being plain bad
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just did a quick try without any boosts to see if my 0/2/2 Miles had a chance. I didn't fare so well but seeing others with less covers win makes me want to try again later and use some boosts. It would be a lot easier if I at least had 1 purple cover.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/3/3 120 Miles won easily on the second try. Got purple up early and only took about 600 match damage in total. icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png from the token, bringing him to 0/3/4.
  • Cunneryn
    Options
    Another try, another failer... got purple early... my own cascade on the same turn destroyed my tile.... purple free board after that...
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won 2 Miles from the Captain Marvel event. A red one from progression. And the CP from placement let me purchase a Classic token, which gave me a yellow. That put him at 2/4/1 . Leveled him up to 152. Took me 2 tries, used no boosts. On the first match, Star-Lord matched away my purple tile next turn, and I wasn't able to gather enough AP to place a second Invisibility tile. Second attempt was smooth sailing.

Got a red thor from the token, which has been the longest wait for another champ level for her.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    posted in peter's thread:
    TxMoose wrote:
    3/4/5 level 94 first try with about 1K health left. red/yellow and purple +2 ap boosts and red/yellow damage boosts x5. moving forward going to try level 94 as my ddq level. much cheaper than 145. requires decent covers and some luck though.

really didn't think 94 would be enough but really glad it was. if its enough for miles and cho, I'm thinking it might be enough for most, depending on the matchup (I know beast was under-covered).
  • Cunneryn
    Options
    That was painfully hard, but I ended up winning. My purple tile was in the corner so I collected purple without using it, because the chances of the new tile being in a safe position after was low.
    By the end, he got a HUGE cascade which allowed him to put his purple where I couldn't destroy it. I stunned him a few time while doing match damage until the coundown tile was at one, which would have downed me. Fortunately, with my 30 purple I was able to do 2 suprise attack back to back (the total damage was only 20 more than his own health).

So its definitely doable, but I wouldnt say its easy. You simply need to have extreamely good luck.

Got quake blue as a reward. Now begins the race to see if I can have enough hp to roster her in 2 weeks
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it on the first try! Fully covered, lv 130. Invisible, yellow --> venom blast really works well! I can't wait to use Miles more, once I've championed him in a few months! He may be next after I champion xfdp.

SL's purple went off, but I was invisible, so it didn't kill me.. it just hurt me a bit.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was able to take him down on the first go with my 3/2/3 140 Miles with zero boosts. He got off one yellow and that was it. LT banked.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4 Purple and lvl 100. Boosted 2 purple and got it first time. Got a Fury Purple that I kind of dont need
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/2/2 Level 70 Miles, beat it on the second attempt. First attempt, I couldn't get any purple and Starlord wrecked me with his red. Second try was dicey, I had to cast Surprise twice, but it turned out ok. Got a purpleflag.pngicon_greengoblin.png for my troubles, bringing him to 0/3/0, which is nice I guess.
  • CubRob
    CubRob Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Used some ISO to get him to 120, he's 3/5/3. It took 2 tries, because of a bad board.

I feel like Charlie Brown on Halloween tho... "I got a rock" blueflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 level 70, no boosts almost won, SL had 804 health when Miles fell. Leveled to 100, no boosts, easy victory .

Unneeded Fury blue