It is time to double the iso

jdoe893
jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
please,its about time

since you will be giving us new 4* every fortnight,you might as well consider giving us some kind of 'compensation' for the shortfall of iso

ddq gives us iso yes but at 5k a day it wont do much as we still need to use them in pvp to skip like the same player for 5-10 skips

seriously who needs 100/200 iso nowadays

Comments

• RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    It's past time. It's waaaaaaaay past time. The ISO reward values were created at a time when the game was all about 2* and 3* characters. The should have been increased when 4*s became the standard and again once 5*s were introduced. At this time they need to be more than doubled, quadrupled is more like it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I was asking for double ISO all the time when there were 10 or less 4*'s. Once they started ramping up 4* production, it was a very obvious problem....
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    It really needs to happen if a new pve sandals is set.
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Not only are most iso rewards not worth the time, have you seen how much iso costs??? Its ridiculously over priced. Never bought iso and never will, not at the rip off prices. On what planet does it make sense that 20K HP = 78,000 iso?? If i buy a stark and open a 40 pack during off season, i get 80 covers and 2 LTs, some usable and some i sell. Last 80 covers i sold i got 39K iso. So basically $100 got me 20K hp and 39K iso. Why on earth would i buy 78,000 iso for $100?? For $100 i should get at least 250K iso
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Please do not just lazily double the iso, that would be entirely unfair for all the players who spent hundreds of hours grinding and investing in the leveling of their roster.

Please scale iso as a function of existing roster + capacity. A new player who just joined should be not be instantly awarded double the iso so that he/she can level their newly acquired 4* at half the time.

A simple formula calculating how much you have already collected + how much more you need to collect should be applied as a multiplier to every single iso award in the game. This would then fairly award all players, new and old and be the first step in addressing the massive glut.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    Please do not just lazily double the iso, that would be entirely unfair for all the players who spent hundreds of hours grinding and investing in the leveling of their roster.

Please scale iso as a function of existing roster + capacity. A new player who just joined should be not be instantly awarded double the iso so that he/she can level their newly acquired 4* at half the time.

A simple formula calculating how much you have already collected + how much more you need to collect should be applied as a multiplier to every single iso award in the game. This would then fairly award all players, new and old and be the first step in addressing the massive glut.
    This would give us vets an advantage, which - for some reason I still haven't figured out - seems to be the last thing the devs want.

ISO will be doubled, and those of us who have busted our butts for 900 days will just have to suck it up - just like when they made leveling 3*s to 120 cost next to nothing and shuffled all the ISO cost into the last 46 levels, making the ISO we put in to make our 3*s useable (135+) meaningless.

Formulas would require coding and put new players at a disadvantage = not going to happen.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I understand that they wouldn't want to make all the ISO available equally across the board, so that 2* don't max out overnight, but there should be some way for the 4* transitioner to unlock additional ISO. Perhaps tied into a daily 4* DDQ?
  • rollx
    rollx Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Iso rewards should be increased based on your bracket. The newbie bracket keeps the current reward system, the intermediate bracket sees a small increase in iso rewards, and the vet bracket gets much better rewards.

I think this would help encourage people to want to place well in each event to remain or progress to the vet bracket and encourage more friendly competition, though I'm not a fan of the competitive aspect of pve.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:

It's not uncommon for a game like this to speed up the new player transition process as the game ages. Otherwise the new player starts, sees that he's 2+ years away from ever reaching something resembling a roster of a current top player, or 1+ year away from something resembling a mid-tier player, and never bothers to stick around to become a vet. He figures he's better off to go start a newer game where the vets haven't "lapped the field" multiple times yet.

One of the metrics for a game like this would have to be "new player retention rate". As it starts to dip, and I've no idea whether it's true or not here, the devs will start to think it's time to speed up that early game to help keep them around and turn them into vets. If you're not keeping new players, then as vets start retiring, the game can enter a death spiral.

It's not a slap in the face to vets at all. It's a way to keep new players in the game so vets have players other than themselves to play with & against.

Besides, ISO income rate is a strangle on everybody, vets & newbs alike. With close to 100 characters now, and so many of them 4* and up, it's way past time it gets addressed.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    We were given double dip for the entire first anniversary event (that's a full week). Even back then when the game was all about 3*s, that was the only time I have ever felt that iso flower in at a rate commensurate with covers (I was a semi-competitive player at the time. Someone who was cover maxing each new release immediately probably could have used even more iso, but 2_ was great for me. I think colog said he hit 22 of 24 lightning rounds, plus every pve and PvP event and was still short on his when 4* thor was released).

So it was time for double iso about 18 months ago.

Honestly, triple iso probably wouldn't be enough for top tier vets given how crazy expensive 4*s are to level.

The fact that demiurge barely adjusted iso flow or leveling costs at all in the last year (no more 20 iso rewards is the last big change, and it's hard to judge the net effect since they made positive and negative changes) is kind of ridiculous. The switch to 4* play and the introduction 5*s basically tripled the price of leveling endgame characters, but iso has stayed fixed.

(and I won't even comment on the $ prices for iso. . .)