New Update Runs Slower?!

Options
Hydroxph
Hydroxph Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
Is it just me or is the game a lot more slower and freezes more?

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note III

Comments

• nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I definitely have places where it is pausing for quite a while but there are some portions that move much faster. It's a mixed bag but the pauses are definitely noticeable. One major one is when I touch my planeswalker to use a power the planeswalker pop up window takes a long time now a good percentage of the time.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    the battles are faster to me (except what nexus said). the animations are faster. Cards like Animist's awakening dont start converting gems 1 by 1 but they convert at the same time. Cards played seem to go away faster too.

Menues are slower IMHO.

AND I HATE that extra loading screen that there is between getting the rewards of a QB match and playing again. HATE IT WITH MY GUTS!
    I wish there was a "play again" button just in the rewards screen. I kinda get that in that loading screen is when (i suppose) the rearranging of the positions in the ranks take place, i just wish
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On my Galaxy S5, it's noticeably slower post-update. Any time I need to open a menu, or touch something to make it appear (for example, planeswalker abilities), it hangs for seconds at a time. Likewise, after completing a story mission or QB, it hangs for upwards of 8-10 seconds before returning to the mission screen.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's been faster all around for me.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Longer lag periods for me during loading screens and lag for stuffing like selecting my planeswalker screen during battle. The lag time fluctuates.

Using a HTC One M9.
  • theBeard
    theBeard Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All around faster and just smoother play for me.
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    I'm definitely crashing unless I restart more often than I used to on my ipod touch 5
  • Hydroxph
    Options
    Yeah, I can't even edit my deck sometimes and can't even save them when I can edit them... I ordered a tablet just to play this game I hope I don't run into have the same problems I have on my phone.
  • I have a Galaxy Core LTE and I did notice that it was slowing down. It crashed a few times and now I can't even load the game, it crashes right away. Anybody else have that problem?
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I noticed the main problem being that it gets slower the longer you play.
    Probably there is some memory that is not deallocated properly or something similar.
    Restarting the game resets the load time increase

iPhone 6 here.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As above, acyaul gameplay is faster, but some menus load very slowly... the QB one especially so.

LOTS more crashes. very annoying.

(Sony Xperia S)
  • Hydroxph
    Options
    theBeard wrote:
    All around faster and just smoother play for me.

What type of device are you using?
  • BassMuffinFIve
    Options
    Agree. Game runs quite slow now. Which is strange, since the in-game animations are crisp and quickly executed. But the menus outside of playing the game and even clicking on your planeswalker during a game to use their ability are horrendous icon_e_sad.gif
  • dimit
    dimit Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm on ipad and the game is near-unplayable now. Freezes at random points and ALWAYS freezes for like a full 60 seconds right when I tap "continue" after winning a pvp game. Makes the chase for 1st sooooo much harder. Sucks man.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dimit wrote:
    I'm on ipad and the game is near-unplayable now. Freezes at random points and ALWAYS freezes for like a full 60 seconds right when I tap "continue" after winning a pvp game. Makes the chase for 1st sooooo much harder. Sucks man.

I'd like to point out that dimit found it irksome enough to come to the forums and create an account just so they could weigh in on this. Just to point out the degree to which players are annoyed by the long pauses. I too have been having issues with time with menus etc. Exacerbated by it re-logging in and going back to the main screen if I leave the phone for a while.

I have a galaxy note 2 running OctOS android version 5.1.1.
  • dimit
    dimit Posts: 6
    Options
    I came in search of a solution, but at least I found out I'm not alone in the problem.
  • The Bookman
    The Bookman Posts: 54
    Options
    Lots of lag when trying to do anything... Opening menus, choosing qb, story, planeswalkers, hanging between battles, opening planeswalkers whilst in battle. Waiting for animations and opponent moves in battles.

Everything is so slow it is unreal. Really affecting my enjoyment of the game.... I end up choosing options I did not want to and starting battles I did not mean to because of the lag. And if I added up the time between qb matches over the weekend I wonder how many places I could have made in the event...

All slow.. apart from opening packs of cards... That now works beautifully!

Running Android lollipop on a Sony tablet Z.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had many of the same lag issues with the game; long lockups when clicking on my planeswalker, recduing them to 0 health, returning to the QuickBattle mainscreen...

The problems mostly occured this weekend between about 6:00 and midnight GMT, so it seems to me that server load is the problem. On all 3 days of the last QuickBattle round, between these times in the evening, it's taken me between 2 and 3 minutes of doing nothing between dealing the death blow to my opponent in the previous game, to be able to take a turn in the next one. 2 minutes 27 seconds, in fact, I timed it. And i can't just leave my device alone, I have to dismiss the QuickBattle rewards, and click to enter the next game.

Very tedious.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Ha. I kinda assumed it must be just me who gets >1 minute wait times on loading the game or transitioning between screens. Nope, apparently not.

Is it just me who gets extremely frequent "Could not contact the network server" errors when on 2 bars of wifi and when everything else can access the network just fine?
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So some players find the game faster and smoother, and others find an extra couple of minutes added onto their games at certain times??

Hardly seems fair when the single biggest factor involved in how high you rank on the leaderboards is total time played, does it?