Turn Against--Game Hang on 2nd cast

Options
Coconut99
Coconut99 Posts: 212
I was playing a story mission and, on my 2nd casting of Turn Against, the game just sat there and never cast the spell. I couldn't open my hand, click my PW or any card, or anything...it wasn't frozen, but it made me quit the match (as the only thing I was actually able to do).

Comments

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same thing for me.
    One hung when my Demolish destroyed a support buffing a War Oracle that I had used Turn Against on that turn.
    Another time was just when I used Turn Against on a Skysnare Spider. The Turn Against never resolved.

Screenshots:
    maV6axv.jpg
    dmrczMg.jpg
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have not seen an issue with a 2nd cast but I have had Turn Against freeze my game.
    Twice today it happened, both times it was after the attack had completed and when the creature should return to the other side. One time I had Call of the Full moon up which affected the creature stolen and the other time the opponent had Chief of the Foundry out when I stole the other creature but it was dead when the creature was supposed to return.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had Turn Against crash my game too.

AI took control of my Abbot of Keral Keep, which was enchanted by a Brawler's plate.
    Abbot switched sides but was no longer enchanted by Brawler's Plate (which is correct, since I control it)
    At the end of the turn I regained control of the Abbot, but it *still* wasn't enchanted by Brawler's plate, even though it was my first creature, and the Brawler's Plate was still in play.
    Later in the game, the Brawler's Plate was destroyed by Chandra's first ability. The game destroyed a 3x3 block of gems, including the Brawler's Plate (which has only 1 charge), and then locked up before the gems fell, leaving a 3x3 hole in the gem board.
  • shteev
    Options
    Another, similar crash involving Brawler's Plate and Turn Against.

This time, my opponent used Turn Against to gain control of my 2 creatures, and *they* owned Brawler's Plate; I had no supports.

The game correctly applied Brawler's Plate to it's (new) first creature, and then when I regained control of the creature, it corrected ceased to apply Brawler's plate to it.

However, when the Brawler's Plate was destroyed, the game locked up at the same place as in my previous post; the gems I had matched were destroyed, but the gems above them did not fall; the game became unresponsive instead.
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    I've played a lot of games with turn against/act of treason. The game hangs a pretty small percentage of the time when these spells are cast, and it even hangs that way on some other spell casts, like a fiery conclusion without a steal spell beforehand.

All the hangs I've had have been from red spells, but I play a Chandra pretty exclusively, so it could be more widespread.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The issue for me seems to be the embermage Hellion, game runs fine if not slow until this comes out, it always seems to hang up when this is out
  • shteev
    Options
    Game crashed once again, in a similar fashion:

This time,
    - I had an Abbot of Keral Keep in play, buffed by Brawler's Plate.
    - Opponent cast Turn Against, gained control of Abbot unbuffed by Plate (correctly)
    - At end of turn, I regained control of unbuffed Abbot, when remained unbuffed (incorrectly)

I suspected the game would crash if I caused the brawler's Plate to be destroyed, so instead, I tried shooting my Abbot for lethal damage. The game played the animation for casting the damage spell, but never completed the action; the spinning animation on the screen was displayed indefinitely.
  • Ap00calypse
    Ap00calypse Posts: 42
    Options
    It's a combination of Turn Against + Demolish that destroys the buffing support. Aside from unfriendly creatures retaining friendly buffs on return to AI's hand, once their own support is destroyed = freeze.
  • Moxjap
    Moxjap Posts: 2
    Options
    I also have a similar problem bUT I don't use Abbot or Turn Against. I'm pretty sure it'seems just Chandra that causes the game freezes. So far the last 3 times i've used her the games froze. Not to mention co
  • Moxjap
    Moxjap Posts: 2
    Options
    I also have a similar problem bUT I don't use Abbot or Turn Against. I'm pretty sure it's just Chandra that causes the game freezes. So far the last 3 times i've used her the games froze. Not to mention countless other times it happened. When games freeze, why is it that I can't cast any abilities, match gems or see my hand but it let's me quit (as if I had any other choice.) I feel so ripped off since i lose all but 8 life, i get no ribbons and I lose time to get a higher ranking. This is the worst since Chandra is my strongest level 60. I'm stuck using a weaker plainswalker who isn't a level 60 which also lessens my chance to get a higher rank. The reason I'm typing this is because I'm waiting for Chandra to regenerate. What's the point of building up Chandra if I can't even finish a game with her. I really want the Ox but it's impossible to even break into level 100 rankings with all these crashes. What are you guys going to do to compensate for these losses?
  • Ap00calypse
    Ap00calypse Posts: 42
    Options
    Upd: apparently it's not the cards. The freezes/crashes are caused by on/off attributes' change. Incidentally, Turn Against and Act of Treason are the ones that cause the creatures to change their attributes (when the said creatures are buffed/debuffed). And it just so happens that Chandra is the one who triggers it with both TA/AoT and her nukes.

I hope the devs are reading the forums.