circle-eye symbol?

loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Anyone know what the new circle-eye symbol is on some of the BfZ cards? For example, the first card: Adverse Conditions has it. It's on spells and creatures. Is that the "void" symbol? Or converge or something?

Comments

• loroku
    Nope, converge is a 5-circle pentagon.
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Is it the void symbol so it can use the voided mana??
  • loroku
    There's also a double-circle symbol. This one is apparently "awaken."
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    In paper Magic, Adverse Conditions is a void spell.
  • loroku
    Yeah, it pretty much has to be the void symbol. Nothing else indicates it and everything else seems accounted for.

Overall, void cards seem cheap for what they do - probably because Void gems don't exist to fill them without Ingest abilities. I'm guessing they cannot be filled by anything other than Void gems? It'll be interesting to see how difficult it will be to get void gem matches. Even if you ingest like 9 gems, there's no reason to think you'll get any matches from that. It's probably better to play those cards strategically, so that you only ingest when your opponent's colors are about to match - although again, since it's random, you may or may not get any Void gems from it. (Especially since your opponent goes next.)

One other interesting thing: I'm guessing you don't need to keep void cards at the top. Or you can, but I assume they'll get filled where ever they are in your hand.
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    loroku wrote:
    Yeah, it pretty much has to be the void symbol. Nothing else indicates it and everything else seems accounted for.

Overall, void cards seem cheap for what they do - probably because Void gems don't exist to fill them without Ingest abilities. I'm guessing they cannot be filled by anything other than Void gems? It'll be interesting to see how difficult it will be to get void gem matches. Even if you ingest like 9 gems, there's no reason to think you'll get any matches from that. It's probably better to play those cards strategically, so that you only ingest when your opponent's colors are about to match - although again, since it's random, you may or may not get any Void gems from it. (Especially since your opponent goes next.)

One other interesting thing: I'm guessing you don't need to keep void cards at the top. Or you can, but I assume they'll get filled where ever they are in your hand.

They fill in no matter where they are in your hand. They also don't fill in on your opponent's turn if they match them (not sure if this was ever expected, but i thought the point was to make it feel like you were using your opponent's ingest against them..being able to randomly match 3 in your own hand doesn't sound like negating much of an advantage. Perhaps it would feel like an advantage if it gave 2x the mana, but as it stands..why would i ever match 3 void on the board when i could match literally ANY other color and fill up a void card faster? the only thing i want the void benefit from is random cascades. Especially if leaving the colors there means my opponent might have to match them to no effect. Yeah, yeah, there's the random chance they all turn back to your opponent's color..big deal, that's in the future. I am worried about the cards i'm trying to play NOW.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    loroku wrote:
    Anyone know what the new circle-eye symbol is on some of the BfZ cards? For example, the first card: Adverse Conditions has it. It's on spells and creatures. Is that the "void" symbol? Or converge or something?

I know! It's Devoid! You can read about it here icon_e_smile.gif