Options
2»

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Keegan wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    - New PWs are available for real money purchases the first week, then will be available for crystals ON MAY 13

So, uh, what happens for the nearly two weeks in between?
    You pay $15 during the first week to get them early and play with them or you have to wait.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Keegan wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    - New PWs are available for real money purchases the first week, then will be available for crystals ON MAY 13

You pay $15 during the first week to get them early and play with them or you have to wait.

That just doesn't sound right, two weeks with a character available but locked out from all forms of acquisition icon_e_confused.gif
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Keegan wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    Keegan wrote:
    loroku wrote:

That just doesn't sound right, two weeks with a character available but locked out from all forms of acquisition icon_e_confused.gif

I like how Heroes of the Storm does their new character releases.

For the following two weeks when a new character is released the following happens:
    • The character is offered in a bundle for a real money price
    • The character is offered for in game currency at a 50% markup (15,000 gold vs 10,000)

When the two weeks are up the character bundle is gone and the in game currency price goes back down to the normal new character price.

While this exactly solution might not work, something very similar could probably be devised so that customers with stockpiles of crystals and no patience to wait out the two weeks could still get the new Planeswalkers, albeit at a higher price.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure if in the patch notes(did not find it) or already pointed out:

- in story mode if you win an encounter with all 5 colors there is a reward in mana crystal. Do not know how many crystals though(probably 8)
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    Not sure if in the patch notes(did not find it) or already pointed out:

- in story mode if you win an encounter with all 5 colors there is a reward in mana crystal. Do not know how many crystals though(probably 8)

The reward is better than you thought! : 10 crystals
  • Mizzium also got nerfed. Went from a good care to subtracting 1 mana for a match.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:
    "Orbs of warding is a damage prevention effect now, not a life gain effect"

what.... NO, not cool, can't combo with the archive now icon_e_sad.gif
    I know, it's a real pity because BFZ has a bunch of "Whenever you gain life" cards, and now Orbs of Warding doesn't trigger them any more icon_e_sad.gif To be fair, though, that is making it match up better to the printed Magic card.
    ChrisTot wrote:
    In regards to "* Ampryn Tactician is now a 4/4 vanilla, with no ability in the textbook.":

Ember maw Hellion looked this way for me. And so did lots of other cards. I think there's a race condition for displaying the text or not. Or this data needed to be downloaded again and then cached. Either way, our cards didn't lose their abilities (I don't think).
    There's a weird glitch in the card view whereby about 90% of the time, when you tap on a card, it shows up with a blank text box. However navigating left and right shows you those cards correctly. So what you need to do now, when your collection tells you "Hey, this card is NEW!", is tap on the card NEXT to the new card, then tap left to scroll to the one you were actually interested in. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New big box gives an additional card after the 14 boxes that is rare or better.

Just like some people suggested on the forum icon_cool.gif

Opened 2 big boxes(one from 1st place and one with crystal cause of 500 gained) to look mainly for the smite the monstrous card icon_lol.gif

Got a couple mythics too so not a bad start...
  • Hydroxph
    Hydroxph Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Looks like Jace's 3rd ability now casts traps instead of activates. Since trying to set up matches used to result in my opponent "screwing me over", it is a welcome change than I can now set up a match and the opponent is punished instead of me.

I like it more now, because before the activates I always got were never of any use to me.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hydroxph wrote:
    Looks like Jace's 3rd ability now casts traps instead of activates. Since trying to set up matches used to result in my opponent "screwing me over", it is a welcome change than I can now set up a match and the opponent is punished instead of me.

I like it more now, because before the activates I always got were never of any use to me.

I almost never use it because it creates a bunch of gems I don't want to break since the trap ones don't trigger on my breaking them, they just disappear. Also 9 is probably the right number for a -6 ability as -6 shuts off most attacks and attack triggers, but it feels like a little too much for a -5 ability.