Planeswalkers for Crystals next week! And other Changes

rulerhumankind
rulerhumankind Posts: 47
edited April 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Devs have confirmed that when the special offer ends, the new Planeswalkers will be offered for crystals (price unknown).
Other notable changes in update:

Quickbattle groups are larger - my current one is over 2000 people.
Quickbattle Rewards have changed - Crystals instead of runes for higher level rewards (welcome change)

Can redo old quests for rune rewards - If you complete a quest with all 5 colors you get a rune reward (nice!), giving a reason to work on new decks through the quest system (excellent for lower level players also).

Gameplay is faster - cards drop faster, abilities have faster animations.

Deck building UI has changed - Better search options and easier to change cards, still a little hard to use (save button is small, in upper right corner), but is much better then its previous itteration. My bet is it will be changed again, but it is in good shape now.

Crystal Purchases have changed - Will increase to higher costs, currently on sale at current price. Since runes are easier to come by right now, it is not that big of an issue. Guaranteed Rare or Higher for Big Box Sale. Big Box might have got a drop rate change - I only got 1 Rare for the whole thing. We will need to recalculate.

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    Thank god!

This looks like an AWESOME patch.
    Not only new conte t but improvement all around. Great job devs!

Also I was looking at new card through inventory UI.

I have to admit there is a good variety.

Converge looks overall lacking as I was expecting.
    Landfall looks solid(probably even too much especially the effects that can activate on opponents landfall too)

Blue got mind control and does not cost too much either. OMG!

There are a couple new kill/disables. There is even a 2 mana kill speel(requires that u have a 8 attack colorless creature in hand though. Nice in eldrazi deck).

There are many mana gain/gem conversion supports with added effects. Some are really interesting.
    Wow cannot wait to be able to make other decks....

Now I think what is really missing is a way to save more than one deck for each pwalker with so many new cards to try icon_e_wink.gif
  • I went and grabbed one of the Planeswalkers for 15 bucks, because I wanted to support the developers. I know I could get them for crystals next week, and I currently have close to 600 right now, but with this update it showed they are interested what we say on this forum. I also know I can get the other planeswalker next week, so I won't have to purchase that one, and now I have a ton of work to do on the story quests with runes for rewards. All in all, a great update.

Unfortunately, new planeswalkers do not come with a set of cards like the last ones did. I only got a pack of 5 black cards, 2 uncommon and 3 common cards, so you will have to collect cards in the new set to make them strong.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately, new planeswalkers do not come with a set of cards like the last ones did. I only got a pack of 5 black cards, 2 uncommon and 3 common cards, so you will have to collect cards in the new set to make them strong.
    Thanks for the info!