Preview actual damage for variable damage skills

JohnnyBlood
JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
edited January 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
So, Ghost Rider's Penance Stare ability shows how much damage it would do to the potential candidate. Could you add this kind of preview to other characters who have skills with variable damage output? Such as 4* Thor's Smite, Daredevil's Radar Sense, Patch's Best There Is, Magneto's Polarizing Force and Magnetized Projectiles, Hulk's Smash, Daken's Chemical Reaction, etc....I know there are a lot of characters that would require this programming, but it'd sure be nice.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really amazing suggestion! +1
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would require programming.. but they program it to do it, so they can just take that variable and add it to the attack description. That would be great!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    That would be really awesome. It would also be really nice if abilities with conditional effects (retribution comes to mind) would let you know which part of the move was going to happen, or along those lines, it would be nice if we could see a character's health % calc'd out somewhere.
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    So, Ghost Rider's Penance Stare ability shows how much damage it would do to the potential candidate. Could you add this kind of preview to other characters who have skills with variable damage output? Such as 4* Thor's Smite, Daredevil's Radar Sense, Patch's Best There Is, Magneto's Polarizing Force and Magnetized Projectiles, Hulk's Smash, Daken's Chemical Reaction, etc....I know there are a lot of characters that would require this programming, but it'd sure be nice.

GREAT suggestion, i swear when i first started playing i used to use a calculator lol. Don't do that anymore
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, but there's an 'actually' to this. Penance Stare lists the damage the target has done, not how much PS will do (unless you're doing100%). Side-note: maybe Retribution could show the target's percentage of health?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Retribution, you can usually tell their health. The plus has three sections:

A) pvpshield.pngshieldred.pngpvpshield.png
    B)shieldred.pngshieldred.pngshieldred.png
    C) pvpshield.pngshieldred.pngpvpshield.png

When it's down to section C, Retribution will usually kill.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keyword there being "usually". I'd like a "definitely", along with one for Drax, Ares, R&G, and any other ability that conditionally activates on some condition that is not explicitly spelled out on the screen.
  • joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    +1 to this suggestion. This makes a lot of sense from a Ui point of view, since in the other fixed powers you see exactly how much damage you make.