New PVE Format

lockvine
lockvine Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
The new 6 clear 24hr format that has been tested seems like the way things will be going. I typically place in the t50 on pve events and am in the middle of champing my 3*'s for my roster. I like the new format for the most part but the feedback i'm hearing from my alliance is that with the scaling as it is you really have to use mostly characters that you are champing. For me that is some 2*'s and multiple 3*'s this gives me plenty of variety in play as there are 40 3*'s. However for the top tier player this means they are playing just with their 5*'s (only 5 to choose from) so almost all of the 63ish matches per sub are with the same basic team. This will be a big problem especially with the new format where you are doing this all at once. Also it seems from the stated problem with the pve test that balancing the scaling to benefit full rosters is hard.

Here is my proposed solution.

Have 5 nodes that are locked to #*'s so the first node is only 1*'s, the second 2*'s, third 3*'s and so on. The 6th node will have the full roster available with the current hard node scaling. The three essential nodes stay the same. New and Intermediate brackets would need the node point rewards raised so that players could have similar point progression as the vets with fewer nodes available to them. Bracket placement would probably need to move to roster driven rather than performance driven or a vet player could skip/perform poorly in pve's to drop to lower bracket on a new release and have a very unfair advantage.

This guarantee's that top tier player with full rosters will have the highest scores for placement. New players will stay in the new and intermediate brackets longer and compete with similar rosters and still be able to get decent placement. Vet players would not be stuck with the same fights over and over, they would have 8 of the 9 nodes with roster requirements creating diverse play and a reason to have a large roster.

I understand that this could be a monumental code change and not easy to implement but it seems like a better way to make pve more fun. I'm assuming because of the DDQ node restrictions that some of the coding for this is done already. Please consider running this as a test if possible. I think the feedback would generally be positive.