finding 3* covers

Options
BoaterChick
BoaterChick Posts: 65
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I've champed all my 2* : Ares, Thor, Storm, Mags, OBW, Hawkeye, Wolverine and Daken. What is the best way to get 3* covers? I've gotten a few from the champ rewards but seems like all my Taco Vault and Heroic tokens are nust adding more levels to my champs.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pve placement for where you are in the game. You can dabble in pvp too since you are likely in noob brackets, but pve should be your bread and butter right now.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well the best source is Deadpool Daily of course. After that PvP if you can place high enough. PvE will give you a guaranteed cover in progression. The best though is just gather as many tokens as you can standard, heroic, or event. It is a pure numbers game, open as many as you can and make sure you have enough roster space to accommodate any new 3* characters you may roster in doing so.
  • BoaterChick
    Options
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/BoaterChick/ is the current roster

Been playing PVP for a while now. Usually place in the top 200, although there were a couple where I got lucky and placed in the top 100. Deadpool's daily is hit or miss with me because I don't always have the essential character. I finally figured out which combo to use for the symbiote creepy crawlies in the Big Enchilada, so that helped add some covers.

I've got 3* Mags, Hood, 3* Punisher, 3* Storm, and Doc Ock waiting on roster slots. Mags gets the next slot. Will probably sell Doc Ock and make room for Hood and Storm. Not sure about Punisher yet.

I'm debating ditching 2* Human Torch to make room. Don't really use him anymore. Thoughts on that?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lil'torch is trashable if you don't use him. just keep one around in queue for essentials. I think your priority of 1-cmags, 2-hood, 3-storm and ?-pun is right on. people's opinion of 3pun varies widely. I'm not a fan - I have more use for rags than pun (if only to feed ice blue in his LRs - its still more than pun). players who've been around longer sometimes have better memories of pun when his power level was the meta when he came out. but he hasn't been adjusted and the game has passed him by. your call there.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    lil'torch is trashable if you don't use him. just keep one around in queue for essentials. I think your priority of 1-cmags, 2-hood, 3-storm and ?-pun is right on. people's opinion of 3pun varies widely. I'm not a fan - I have more use for rags than pun (if only to feed ice blue in his LRs - its still more than pun). players who've been around longer sometimes have better memories of pun when his power level was the meta when he came out. but he hasn't been adjusted and the game has passed him by. your call there.

I got my Frank to a usable level after he was meta-obsolete, and while I got use out of him while the rest of my 3* roster developed, I don't remember the last time he was a mainstay of any of my lineups -- so IMO feel free to let Frank free.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/BoaterChick/ is the current roster

Been playing PVP for a while now. Usually place in the top 200, although there were a couple where I got lucky and placed in the top 100. Deadpool's daily is hit or miss with me because I don't always have the essential character. I finally figured out which combo to use for the symbiote creepy crawlies in the Big Enchilada, so that helped add some covers.

I've got 3* Mags, Hood, 3* Punisher, 3* Storm, and Doc Ock waiting on roster slots. Mags gets the next slot. Will probably sell Doc Ock and make room for Hood and Storm. Not sure about Punisher yet.

I'm debating ditching 2* Human Torch to make room. Don't really use him anymore. Thoughts on that?

It's hit or miss, but if you join a PvP event as late as you can handle, sometimes you'll get a group with low scores and will place higher if placement is what you're aiming for.