Merging accounts

TheXMan
TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I asked Customer Support to merge two accounts because I had heard of this being done on these forums. I got a response that it is their policy to not do this. Therefore, I mentioned it had been done according to the forums and I get this response:

"Each ticket is handled on a case by case basis. Some tickets are extreme enough to require a one-time exception to policy in some cases, however many are not."

I think these "policies" need to be clearly documented online. I am certain it was not a one-time exception that accounts were merged in the past.

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's clearly not a one-time exception, since it's been done more than once.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    The policy seems to be "everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others."
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    They were called out on the forums for doing this about a month ago-ish. Maybe they changed policy after that thread. Maybe you just didn't spend enough. icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just like dupe deconstruction, they have established critreia, they just won't tell you what it is.

Hint: $$
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Customer Support no longer offers the service of merging accounts.

The "extreme" cases referred to are rare exceptions related to bugs requiring a game re-start. That type of (verified) thing. How much a player has spent on the game does not factor into the decision.
  • Magnetorules
    Magnetorules Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Customer Support no longer offers the service of merging accounts.

The "extreme" cases referred to are rare exceptions related to bugs requiring a game re-start. That type of (verified) thing. How much a player has spent on the game does not factor into the decision.

Money is always a factor.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Customer Support no longer offers the service of merging accounts.

To be fair you can't blame some for thinking that those who grease the squeeky wheel of commerce get preferential treatment, look at all policy inconsistencies that have occurred recently. The Legendary Token exploit fiasco being the prime example, that should have been a clear cut case of anybody who has been found using it should have been sandboxed, not on a case by case basis. Then there was breaking down duplicate characters. Customer service would do it for some users yet others were told they do not meet the needed criteria, yet this mystery criteria was never explained not even when asked. Then for a long time there was some nefarious dealings with account merging and nothing was ever said about it, the issue was largely ignored and swept under the carpet.

By not setting out clear and defined guidelines that are applicable to all D3Go! placed itself in the situation of allowing its customers to rightly become frustrated and glaring inconsistencies in policies. Combine this with almost complete silence from administrators on pretty much all major issues and we no have an environment where almost everything is seen as a grab for the cash. This is in no way any slight against you as a person, as an employee you have to do as your bosses have instructed to the best of your ability.