Fight reward points

Tony_Foot
Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I am having an issue in the SIM and also in pvp. Any match I find (not one that has been queued for an age) is not giving me the points hinted. I am having 40-60 point fights regularly give me between 10 and 20 points. The howard pvp was a nightmare for me as my usual climb from 400 points kept giving me 10-20 points.

Now in the sim I skip fights, find a 40+ node and take the fight on. Almost every single time I am getting half or less of whats offered. I was recommended to try multi skips. I skipped 9 times and then skipped every loaded node. Still happening.

Any ideas?

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Tony Foot wrote:
    I am having an issue in the SIM and also in pvp. Any match I find (not one that has been queued for an age) is not giving me the points hinted. I am having 40-60 point fights regularly give me between 10 and 20 points. The howard pvp was a nightmare for me as my usual climb from 400 points kept giving me 10-20 points.

Now in the sim I skip fights, find a 40+ node and take the fight on. Almost every single time I am getting half or less of whats offered. I was recommended to try multi skips. I skipped 9 times and then skipped every loaded node. Still happening.

Any ideas?

It isn't unusual for that to happen, though it is unusual to happen with that level of frequency. Flushing the cache (which nine skips should do) should help with that. Not terribly sure what's going on.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    If your game is left open it saves fights in a "buffer", about 10 or more. So either you have to skip to clear the entire buffer of old registered users and their points or restart the game.

Why they can't just change and code it to register their current score I don't know... icon_neutral.gif
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks very much. I never had that problem on my old ipad I guess this new one isn't requiring to restart as much icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Timestamp the data so we know just how stale it is.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta wrote:
    Why they can't just change and code it to register their current score I don't know... icon_neutral.gif

Would require a constant (or at least frequently updated) flow of real-time data to every player involved in PVP. Like a Bloomberg terminal for all MPQers! Would balloon the app's data usage, and likely result in casual/new players dropping the app before they were addicted enough to eat the potential costs. Can't risk that ... harhar.

Ah yes. As a PC (master race) user, I forget about the data usage constraints.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The increased data would be a server side problem well before it became a problem for players.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Twysta wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Would require a constant (or at least frequently updated) flow of real-time data to every player involved in PVP. Like a Bloomberg terminal for all MPQers! Would balloon the app's data usage, and likely result in casual/new players dropping the app before they were addicted enough to eat the potential costs. Can't risk that ... harhar.

Ah yes. As a PC (master race) user, I forget about the data usage constraints.

Yes, pity those poor, poor mobile users and their constraints---frequent low battery, poor internet connectivity on mobile network, and going over data plans. On the other hand, mobile users can take frequent bathroom breaks during work to play. icon_lol.gif