critical boost reward...again

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This thing needs to go to the same place 20 iso went. in fact, this 'reward' is even more useless than 20 iso. this thing either needs to disappear entirely, move to the easy nodes, or we need to have the ability to sell it for iso.

tired of beating the hard nodes for nothing. cause that's what this is. nothing. totally useless.

come on fellow boarders. we got 20 iso changed. this is next.

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    you guys like these then? wow, thought there'd be more folks on board.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    you guys like these then? wow, thought there'd be more folks on board.
    No, we all hate them, but this has become the forum equivalent of "Are we there yet?" Devs are just gonna ignore us until we tire ourselves out.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the critical boosts but I do mind how often you get them. Seriously, you can only stockpile 30 of them but you get 3 from like 5 nodes every PVE sub, that's 15 a day + the ones you get randomly playing. iso8.png would be a lot nicer.

So many boosts go to waste because of the 30 limit, would be nice if they would at least raise that.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    So many boosts go to waste because of the 30 limit, would be nice if they would at least raise that.

Let's just convert excessive amount of boosts to iso automatically.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    edited April 2016
    The best part of critical boosts is when you get that rare Facebook friend gift and....hi, it is a critical boost. Shoots self in face.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then there are the matches when the stars align and you cascade multiple 5* strength match-5s on the first turn with maxed out crit boosts, leaving a smoking crater where the opponent's lead character was. I get enough of them from random drops and facebook gifts (why can't we gift other boosts?), that I'd rather get 70 iso. But they can be fun. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I actually love it when I get a Critical Boost reward. It lets me add another layer of strategy to how I enjoy playing the game.... Said no one ever.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use them quite often, nothing like 30k crits with a 5*, always seem to be @ 10 or under on them.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    I use them quite often, nothing like 30k crits with a 5*, always seem to be @ 10 or under on them.

I love crits with my OML too, but that's a very small playerbase that gets to make "good" use of crit boosts
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I love crits with my OML too, but that's a very small playerbase that gets to make "good" use of crit boosts

The problem I have is if I grow a wild hair and use crit boosts, yea, verily, nary a crit tile in sight. 'Tis but a shame.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I used all of mine in one day, back when I was at 2star level, and DA Bullseye and O Spider-man were boosted at the same time. I think I haven't used any since then.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SUPER depressing in double-iso event running high-scaled nodes and your first reward is....worthless critical boost.

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SUPER depressing in double-iso event running high-scaled nodes and your first reward is....worthless critical boost.

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
    I fully expect my first reward in the second run of Civil War to be critical boosts.
  • Gregore
    Gregore Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    hehe you didn't get rid of the 20 iso. People grinding/botting it all day did.

Look at the last pve where people grinded nonstop for 20 points, imagine how many were doing it, especially in the prologue, for 20iso.

Doing 2 a minute for 12 hours is 30k iso.

So sadly, no it was not anyone here that got it changed. It was people grinding away at the easy nodes that got it changed.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    While I agree that they ought to go the way of the Dodo, I do actually use them with JG5. 100% boost on an already insanely high match damage 5-match, is kind of fun. It helps with some of the non-urgent nodes that just need to be played (see: Gauntlet)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have just started to use them more often since I get them so much. They usually don't help a ton but sometimes they add an extra couple thousand points of damage to a match. Yeah I am in the get rid of them as a reward camp and simply distribute them as they do with all other boosts. Replace it with a 250 iso at least or better yet a heroic token (which isn't much different than 250 iso).
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    You can tell the people in charge of rewards and the concept of fun have never run a business. They do nothing to retain customers just drive them away. Why do they insist on giving rewards to **** for the hardest fights in the game. If they made things fun and didn't act like giving us 10 ISO is the same as another company giving us 10 oz of gold, people would want to spend more money. other games give out rewards like candy and it makes me want to give them money. Not this one.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    This thing needs to go to the same place 20 iso went.
    Hey, that's an idea! Exhaust the 7 set rewards, then the replays are worth 20 points and a Critical Boost. Can I get a 'Hell yeah!'?

Anyone?

Is this thing on?
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Do none of you use winfinite? Crits were made for winfinite....
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 2 rewards left, 1000 ISO and a critical boost. What happened next will shock you!
    Actually, no it won't. I got the critical boost.