Duckman - is there any point?

action711
action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm gonna hit 1000 and get Suckman (typo) in the pvp today, but as its a "special" event and Duckman won't be available after the season ends, is there any point at all whatsoever to add him to my roster?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs haven't said this is the only chance ever to get Howard. PErsonally, I suspect he may be the new Anniversary gag character in 6 months...
  • action711
    But that's exactly what they did say...read the last line...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42285
  • action711
    Hahaa, I just saw you need Duckman for DDQ, against a 222 Punman.

I wonder what % of people, if any, get past him.

Ridiculous!

Is this supposed to be a fun thing, or a kick in the nuts?

How the tinykitty are you supposed to beat 222 Punman?

Worst celebratory event ever devised by man!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add him so you can add a couple extra levels for next year when he's around again and make the DDQ a bit more do-able for you?

Not much point really. It's like Dino - he helps you in one DDQ and one PVP a year - do you care to roster him for that reason? At least with Dino you had a high drop rate so you can get 5-6 covers in his event and get him covered in two years - Howard will take 3-4 years to get covered! Waaagh!
  • Quebbster
    action711 wrote:
    But that's exactly what they did say...read the last line...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42285
    They are not saying Duck Season isn't coming back though. In fact, since they made a brand new PvE for it I think we can count on more Duck Seasons in the future if this is a success. If it's not a success, they may just release Howard into the wild at a later date and run Webbed Wonder as a regular PvE.
    action711 wrote:
    Hahaa, I just saw you need Duckman for DDQ, against a 222 Punman.

I wonder what % of people, if any, get past him.

Ridiculous!

Is this supposed to be a fun thing, or a kick in the nuts?

How the tinykitty are you supposed to beat 222 Punman?

Worst celebratory event ever devised by man!
    I got it done with a 0/0/2 Howard. Howard has a big advantage as he can go invisible (though Maxie can damage him with Merciless Charge...). It would probably have been wasier if I had gotten the blue PvP cover first...
    The reward is a green Howard though, so if you are not interested in keeping him you can just skip it.
  • action711
    If they had specifically stated Duck season would return then maybe there might be a point, however at 1000HP for a roster slot I'd rather save that for someone who in a year would probably be useful.

Well done for beating him with a 0/0/2, that's good work!
  • Quebbster
    action711 wrote:
    If they had specifically stated Duck season would return then maybe there might be a point, however at 1000HP for a roster slot I'd rather save that for someone who in a year would probably be useful.

Well done for beating him with a 0/0/2, that's good work!
    My perspective is "Is there any reason for them to not run Duck Season again?" and I can't really think of any good reason. So I'm keeping my Howard and will use him on trivial PvE nodes until I get more covers like I do with my other undercovered fourstars. I earn enough HP to keep up with the character releases, so I can afford to keep the roster spot.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    The devs haven't said this is the only chance ever to get Howard. PErsonally, I suspect he may be the new Anniversary gag character in 6 months...
    Given how many opportunities we've gotten to cover Dino, I'm not holding my breath...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    4. Won on first attempt. So has everyone I have talked to that has mentioned it.
    I failed first time. I love being the spoiler.
  • Beated punisher with 2 blueflag.png and 4 purpleflag.png lvl 131 duck
    Easy
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    4. Won on first attempt. So has everyone I have talked to that has mentioned it.
    I failed first time. I love being the spoiler.

i failed first time, because i didn;t realize which pun it was.. was deying black.. oops, 2nd try, cake.. Wife beat it 1/1/1 lvl 70 as well. easy fight.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I failed first time because I didn't realise Punisher green would punch through invisibility.
    Didn't have a problem the second time, though.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Failed the first time cause I could not get enough purples to trigger his power. Stockpiled purples and 100% power boosted every color...sail right through it just had to protect my purple while matching more of them.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    tm8qat.gif
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Won first time with a 1/0/1 Howard. Pun 'n' Gun got one green off, but I managed to tickle him to death.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I tried with one purpletile.png with boosts and then 2 purpletile.png with boosts and no dice. I don't see how you can do this without at least having his green or blue cover to help you.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    carlito666 wrote:
    Beated punisher with 2 blueflag.png and 4 purpleflag.png lvl 131 duck
    Easy

Heh, six covers of Howard? That puts you in the top 1%, probably top 0.1%.

I found it easy with 0/0/3, but in the official matchup thread it seems lots of folks are succeeding with great difficult with 0/0/1 or 0/0/2.

Also had a team-mate with the same problem Bowgentle had - didn't realized AoE's get through invisibility. Doesn't anyone have PX fail against AoE? It is one of those issues that D3 probably should think about how to educate the users about.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I tried with one purpletile.png with boosts and then 2 purpletile.png with boosts and no dice. I don't see how you can do this without at least having his green or blue cover to help you.

It definitely helps to have a green cover, but basically just make matches in order of priority: green definitely first(to keep him from using his), purple (to go invis), blue (which is useless to him if you're invis), team-up, whatever else.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler

It definitely helps to have a green cover, but basically just make matches in order of priority: green definitely first(to keep him from using his), purple (to go invis), blue (which is useless to him if you're invis), team-up, whatever else.

Yes. Long as you can stay invisible you only need to match green and the occasional purple. Easy but long match.

Edit: But, as always, you can get an unlucky cascade against you.
  • Quebbster
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Given how many opportunities we've gotten to cover Dino, I'm not holding my breath...
    I had 8 covers for Dino after the first anniversary, 11 after the day 365 rewards and 13 after the second anniversary. When it rained it poured. In Howard's case, it's been more of a drizzle - I'm at 4 covers, but that's good enough for trivial nodes.