Vote for the game's biggest (most urgent) flaw

carrion_pigeons
carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
You can vote for 3 things, and you can change your vote. I tried to be fairly impartial but feel free to add your thoughts about better poll options in the thread. I can think of a few other things to put on the list but there wasn't room on the poll for more.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I think you neglect to put in the most important, and undisputedly the most urgent of all

I'm still holding down the damn level up button icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    We all cry about iso, but I feel the rate is quite reasonable up to 3* progression. The last levels hurt a little, but are still easily attainable. I was able to softcap my shiny new characters to play with them while levelling up my 3*s in steps.

At the 4* transition and above it starts to feel insanely oppressive. Now I'm trying to max out x23 to champ her before her cover expires, and I had to think a while how much iso I could put into Howard for his ddq and pvp and whether it would set me back too much. Meanwhile, Daisy and Frank are holding hands and looking sad and abandoned behind Bagman while all my other 4*s are at the cool kids table having fun.

New release rate also was acceptable for 3*s - a dedicated player could expect to half cover a new character between the release pve, progression in next pve and pvp placement and progression, for a semi-usable character that you could expect more pvp, pve and ddq covers for.

4*s....? One progression cover every 2 months(?), grinding for top 10 in pves and hoping for a lucky token pull... and once you get that lucky pull.... what about the iso???

The less said for 5* the better, I think.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iso.
    And the other Iso option.

Wait, no 3rd Iso option? I'll choose to many characters - but folks have complained about the release rate since it ramped up for 3*'s. It's just to easy for them to re-skin old things and make new "content" through characters rather than through actual play-types or content. And apparently they keep getting sales by doing it - don't know why the whales care to get the newest 4* in this 5* world though.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I already have voted
    1) iso rate too low for 4* progression
    2) lack of new content
    3) character release too frequent.

But to me,the greatest flaw is that the 5*, 4*,3* players are all competing for the same rewards.

They really need to implement a league system.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Top tier (5☆) acquisition is completely random
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    ISO ISO ISO. I have 2 blueflag.pngicon_iceman.png sitting in my queue while I desperately try to get the last 100,000 ISO I need to max him. I'm even planning to spend 120 CP to get his last greenflag.pngicon_iceman.png so I can use the two in my queue to champion him. It's not looking likely.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Lack of true PVE outside DDQ, followed by Iso
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    My votes:
    • Amount of Iso in general - Enough has been said about this I guess.
    • Certain characters/goon types aren't fun - In my opinion, the whole 'AP generating goons' mechanic is wrong. Especially when paired with active characters. Then it's completely broken. Why not just have goons generating AP by making matches too?
    • Distribution of covers useful for progression is too competitively oriented - As someone who isn't really into PVP, I have a hard time getting covers for my 4*s. The CP progression bonus in PVE requires an enormous grind, an investment I more often than not can't make.
    I could only vote for 3, but I consider Lack of fresh content a problem as well. It's rehashing the same stories over and over again. It would be really good to see new stuff, even if it doesn't include new characters.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I am boycotting this poll until the most important option is added:

* CHANGE THE LOAD SCREEN TO REMOVE CHO *

I mean, surely this is THE most important and urgent fix needed icon_lol.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The lack of ISO for the 4*/5* player is appalling. Even at 100k ISO per week (which is reasonable for a moderately heavy player), it takes more than 3 weeks to bring a 4* from level 150 to max. So any covers you get will expire before then. So you either have to take all of your 4*s to level 200 or so (so you can max one before the cover you drew expires), or you're selling way too many covers.

So to bring a new 4* from level 70 to level 270 takes 365k ISO. That's almost a month of playing. So if they release a new 4* every month, you will barely earn enough ISO to max that guy before the next 4* arrives. And since they release new characters at a faster rate than that, you'll never catch up.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Really sad to see ( but expected, nevertheless ) people not choosing the OVERALL ISO PROBLEM, instead of going for that selfish / us vs them "4* Progression" problem.

And I don't even want to get started on the similar situation in the "Distribution Of Covers Is Too Competitive" category.

Smh.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Really sad to see ( but expected, nevertheless ) people not choosing the OVERALL ISO PROBLEM, instead of going for that selfish / us vs them "4* Progression" problem.

And I don't even want to get started on the similar situation in the "Distribution Of Covers Is Too Competitive" category.

Smh.

Unless you really think that the game should allow you to level up every character as soon as you get the covers for them without putting in the time to play it, the amount of ISO you can earn is enough for everything up to the 3* characters. You can earn enough ISO to fully level a 3* character before a cover expires with a decent amount of actually playing the game. ISO truly becomes restrictive once you get beyond that (as has been stated more than once already, unless you're just endlessly playing SHIELD Sim for hours with literally no care about placement, you cannot earn enough to fully level a 4* character before their covers expire).
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Biggest problem is they have doubled the time you need to hit progression in PvE and haven't changed the terrible rewards so alot of people are not playing and are now bored of the game.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

Smh.

I'm coming from the angle of someone who has maxed out every 1*, 2*, and 3* in the game, and started an alt account for a while and collected a fairly respectable (imo) number of 3* characters playing it quite casually - ddq, occasioal pvp, sim, almost no pve. Iso gain is reasonable for the 1-3* player. Imo.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    HxiiiK wrote:
    I think you neglect to put in the most important, and undisputedly the most urgent of all

I'm still holding down the damn level up button icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

i'd file that under general usability. there's a lot of small things that could improve user experience but aren't approached by the devs:

- level +1 button
    - character descriptions too long to fit the space in game
    - sort roster by star levels
    - sell selected covers / sell all 2stars or lower
    - swipe through roster instead of hit button for next page
    - make ap visible at all times in fights
    - trap icon to show who put down traps
    - option to change languages (so you don't need change language setting of your phone)
    - implement FB gifts so they work right for everyone