How many clears of each node is reasonable to reach max prog

cyineedsn
cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The progression points in the last few PVE's has been a bit all over the place, from super easy to super hard. How many clears of each node in a day is "reasonable"? 3? 4? 5? 6+?

I'm personally okay with 3-4, playing any single node beyond that just feels tedious and gives me that "are we done yet" feeling

Edit: Added new poll option
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I've been doing 4 for the Prodigal Suns and I refuse to do anything more than 4.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 is too much for me. If it was 3 and consistent at that value I'd play more. Still wouldn't do it every time.

As it is I rarely know going in what I need to do so I just assume its my re than I want to play and don't bother.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I still don't get how people have the patience to do 3 clears. This game is a fun game to play for 10 minutes at a time. How many spare batches of 10 minutes do people have in a day?

If 2 clears got progression, I suppose I'd make a push to do that much, but I wouldn't be happy about spending even that much time on grinding *anything*. I currently do 1 clear plus a couple haphazard extra tries for the CP node rewards sometimes, and that seems like I'm already putting an absolute TON of time into the game. Which is funny because it's getting me absolutely nowhere, but whatever.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 clears is 1-2 hours a day, depending on roster strength and escaping level.

So long as pve rewards are split between prog and placement, then 1-2 hours a day is enough for max prog. If all pve rewards went to progression, then I could see raising the bar for the top rewards (which would be multiple 4* covers) since demiurge is clearly loathe to give out too many covers.

But asking giving out 25-50 cp a week for the dedicated players that put in 1-2 hours a day seems very reasonable (especially since 13 new covers are introduced every other week via character releases). There is value for demiurge in having a vibrant player community, even if not all of them pay.
  • UncleSmed
    UncleSmed Posts: 75
    As aesthetocyst said, would love to see them scrap the current system and implement something more.. comprehensive AND PvE.

I'd imagine a vault-esque situation where points allowed you to purchase prizes

Want 25 cps? That's the top cost.
    Want a cover for the 4* featured for next pve? Next in line.
    Want a glob of 10k iso-8? Hey.. give us a bunch of points.

And so on down the line all the way to standard tokens.

Make it so that 50% pts lets you buy the 25 cp and equivalent in prizes to say a top 100 finish. Make more than that and you can buy shinier stuff. Grind like a maniac or just enough to get the things you want from the event.

The kicker would be that even with 100% of the points, you still can't get everything.
    So there's choice based on your roster, engagement in what you're working towards

And most importantly, you don't care what other people are doing in the pve.

Oh.. and for alliances, just keep it as it is.. top 100 get covers and iso, rest get iso.