4* Transition Advice

Spiritclaw
Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have 23 championed 3* characters, and looking around there aren't any more 3*s that I'm really excited about pouring my ISO into. Beast might be the next contender if I do go that way, since I've been thinking about a Steve/Hood/Beast combo, but as I said, not very excited about it.

My top 4*s by covers aren't all that exciting either.

I have a 13 cover Invisible Woman, a 10 Cover X-Force Wolverine, and a 9 cover Elektra. After that, it's Ant-Man and Thor at 7 covers each.

I could start pouring ISO into Invisible Woman, and eventually champion her so that I at least have the 13 covers I want. Will moving her from 200 to 270 screw up my matchmaking? Currently, my top 4 leveled characters are level 255 5*s with between one and three covers each.

So, would leveling Invisible Woman be self sabotage, or is it relatively benign? I know she's rated as one of the worst 4*s, and I don't have much hope of getting any of the best 4*s to a playable number of covers in the next few months.

Comments

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Depends on how you plan on transitioning, through pve or pvp. Invisible Woman is playable in pve (especially with the buff to im40) as is xforce but both are subpar in PVP and wont really get you where you want which is consistently easy 1k progression.

I would say save your iso and get your thoress up, every time she is available as a prize, work as hard as you can to get her. A decent number of red and blue covers will make her competitive in PVP and PVE when combined with IM
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have fixed it so a high level character doesn't screw your scaling that much. That said, it still does influence it so you have to make sure that a character that you are levelling that high is going to pull their weight against the opponents of increased levels. Invisible Woman is not one of them as she's arguably the worst 4* in the game. If you have or get your X-Force to 5 black covers, he may be worth leveling up.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would recomend holding off on leveling IW. She really isn't worth the ISO even for PVE. You are better off championing more 3* for the LT token and using your buffed 3* to hit 1K in PVP for other 4*
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    IMHO DO NOT Level Invisible Woman.

Save the ISO for top-tier 3* (Sounds like you're done) and mid-high level 4 stars. 4Thor is great with IM40, and you could easily hit 1,000pts in PvP with 1 or 2 shields. Pray to the RNG gods for top tier 4 stars. e.g Ice, Rulk, HB, Jean... refer to the player poll in character discussion.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    I was in your situation just a week ago. Well atleast I had 4/3/3 hulkbuster but he was not that good neither PVP nor PVE. But i was luck enough to get 2 black covers for him from legandary tokens from PVE and then easily got 1k when HB blue was 1k reward. It so easy now to get 1k in pvp you can't imagine - I sold all 3* tokens for non-champed characters immidiately and now farming ISO to make him champion.
    before that my main source of progression was LT from PVE. So continue to do it and eventually you'll get good 4* and max him. And right now put iso in 4* only for their ddq. IW don't need a lot of iso to be effective in her ddq. She need exactly 0 ISO and 1 yellow cover=)
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for all the input!

I think I better continue leveling 3*s, given the advice from everyone. Each one will, in the short term, get me a legendary token. More stuff in the long term, too. That's a lot more likely than my getting to 1000 in pvp. icon_e_smile.gif
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Don't level Invisible Woman. Sue will tell you herself.

178781.jpg?v=1