Versus opponent overridden while in team selection

screaminviking
screaminviking Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
Not sure if this is a bug, but figured it warranted some feedback.

In the First Avenger versus event I had selected an opponent whose team was Cap, R&G, and Punisher. Hit the first "Fight" button to get to the team selection screen. One of my characters needed a couple of minutes to fully heal, so I waited. While waiting I got a "defeated" notice--fair enough. Once my character was fully healed I hit the second "Fight" button to begin the match. The team that appeared was Cap, SW, and Deadpool.

Best I can figure is that the retaliation node for the defeat overwrote the node that I had originally selected. I never imagined that a node could be overwritten after you had selected it and begun the process to select the team.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    You got the defeat notice while the fight set up was still on the screen? I didn't even know that was possible. That's pretty messed up.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I experienced this as well in a lightning round yesterday. I didn't even wait; I picked a pretty easy combo of whatever, pressed fight, and was promptly destroyed by a max level Jean Grey.
  • screaminviking
    screaminviking Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    You got the defeat notice while the fight set up was still on the screen? I didn't even know that was possible. That's pretty messed up.

Correct. In hindsight, I probably could have looked at the bottom of the last screen before starting the fight and see the opposing team. I'll definitely check that if this ever happens again.