How Do You Change Cover Totals??

Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I wasn't quite sure how to word the title, but essentially I'm stuck with a 4/4/5 on my Storm but I want to have her skills spread out differently, with another skill maxed instead. Where is the option to do this? Does it not exist or am I just lost haha.
(P.S.: This feature would be awesome, by the way, if it's not a real thing. Maybe have like an increasing retrain cost on each hero, sorta like most MMORPGs have for their talent trees.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    There is not. You can always start training up a character with a different build. It's definitely something that others have suggested as well. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    There is not. You can always start training up a character with a different build. It's definitely something that others have suggested as well. icon_e_smile.gif

Oh man, the ISO and cover costs... eeek. Haha, guess she'll stay this way xD. Thanks for the response!
  • IceIX wrote:

Can... skill respec be a possibility for discussion by the Devs? icon_neutral.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Bombul wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Can... skill respec be a possibility for discussion by the Devs? icon_neutral.gif
    Perfectly open for discussion. I'd venture to say that there are very few things that won't be at least considered.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Perfectly open for discussion. I'd venture to say that there are very few things that won't be at least considered.

Good to know icon_e_smile.gif I'm hoping for a realistic probability.
  • I think a reasonable way to do this is to have a de-train option. You'll lose the cover used to train that skill and any levels acquired from the extra cover, but you'll have the option to use another cover.

From a player's viewpoint, this gives more options than what is currently in place and is only a positive change as long as it is well-communicated.

Example 1:
    Level 40 5/5 venom

Detrain it to be 4/5 venom so now he is Level 35 4/5 venom

Example 2:
    Level 50 5/3/5 modern storm

Detrain it twice to be 5/3/3 modern storm -- Level 40 5/3/3 m.storm
    Now can use 2 covers to make it 5/5/3 modern storm, then use ISO to level it up to 50 again
  • I think a reasonable way to do this is to have a de-train option. You'll lose the cover used to train that skill and any levels acquired from the extra cover, but you'll have the option to use another cover.

From a player's viewpoint, this gives more options than what is currently in place and is only a positive change as long as it is well-communicated.

Example 1:
    Level 40 5/5 venom

Detrain it to be 4/5 venom so now he is Level 35 4/5 venom

Example 2:
    Level 50 5/3/5 modern storm

Detrain it twice to be 5/3/3 modern storm -- Level 40 5/3/3 m.storm
    Now can use 2 covers to make it 5/5/3 modern storm, then use ISO to level it up to 50 again

Like I once said in another thread, the Iso loss at high levels can be massive. Be careful of what you wish for, and don't inflict it on the rest of us.

The best idea is to simultaneously level a skill and remove another one at the same time, using either card or HP. The character level should remain the same throughout. This is fair given you lose one card for the original skill point, plus the fact that skills can so easily change with patches.