Goon AP

chamber44
chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, after trying (and failing 3 or 4 times due to rough boards) to beat that Hood, Kingpin, and Muscle node, it reminded me of something i've been meaning to ask for a while:

How much AP do the goons generate each turn? Because KP was poking me every other turn, it seemed like, while the Muscle was laying 2 870 strike tiles the other turns.

It's confirmation bias, but when i'm fighting these high-level goon matches, it sure seems like they're both laying down their own countdown tiles along with providing a tile-mover with enough AP to also launch a power.

Is there a list somewhere? At this point, i'm more morbidly curious than anything else, but now that it seems like we're facing Ultron and Symbiotes all the time in DDQ, I'm more cognizant of the fact that they are (mildly to extremely) trickier to face than the regular HAMMER or Maggia goons.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably forgetting about Hood stealing are your Ap too.
    Goons generate 1AP of their colors per turn.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought goons generated 2ap per turn.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:

They changed it a couple of months ago so that goons now only generate 1 AP per turn for their respective colors.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was 2 AP as well, which is why 2 goons suck much worse than 1, and the maggia have Super cheap abilities... 2AP, so they can each lay one per turn if it isn't stored up for Villain to use... and if they match their color either by the villain or a cascade when a cd pops, they are way ahead, they never seem to fall behind in placing their tiles.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Cabol wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

They changed it a couple of months ago so that goons now only generate 1 AP per turn for their respective colors.

can't be. even two almost seems low.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I think it varies by goon - I'm live testing it in the test right now and 3 goons generated 7 ap on first turn.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Some goons generate one and others generate two. When the Maggia got their recent rework they went to generating 1 AP a turn.
    IIRC, the Iso-Mutant Control and Empiricist generate 1 in their colors, but the Subject and Criterion generate 2 in their only active colors.

The last node before the survival mission for Howard was a nightmare: Two carriers giving Doc Ock 4 green a turn. Here's a free Team AoE + stun + strengthening the Carrier's special tiles EVERY 3 TURNS.

Why minion feeder nodes continues to be the design of choice for most of the story events is beyond me.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some goons generate one and others generate two. When the Maggia got their recent rework they went to generating 1 AP a turn.
    IIRC, the Iso-Mutant Control and Empiricist generate 1 in their colors, but the Subject and Criterion generate 2 in their only active colors.

The last node before the survival mission for Howard was a nightmare: Two carriers giving Doc Ock 4 green a turn. Here's a free Team AoE + stun + strengthening the Carrier's special tiles EVERY 3 TURNS.

Why minion feeder nodes continues to be the design of choice for most of the story events is beyond me.

Yeah this was, for this reason, the hardest node for me. For me it was every 2 turns, because it also steals 2 green AP from me, and then he'd make (what else) a green match. Once I was down to one character I had to sit for 5 rounds stun-locked before I finally lost.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    That's what the quit button is there for, bubba
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    That's what the quit button is there for, bubba

Try quitting if you're in stun lock. Doesn't work.

If you're calculated to lose before you get an active turn to use powers or make a match, you can't retreat. Period. You gone die.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Not all Maggia, though, right? Muscle and Don got the rework, Hitman and Thug are still the same as ever, unless I'm mistaken.

It's annoying that the game doesn't tell you this stuff. Also, Empiricist takes some damage when it generates the Purple CDs but this isn't documented AFAIK. Oh, and Snipers don't need AP for their Green CD. And neither do the explosive ISO Mutants for their Blacks.