Veteran Thoughts...

2»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    D3 seems hellbent on making every fight a challenge but if i want constant challenge i wouldn't be playing a match 3 game.

You ever play a RPG and went back to the starting grounds to show that ugly cavetroll your new lvl 100 magic battleaxe? Fun! That area was challenging in the beginning but you've outgrown the mobs there and went on to different areas with different and stronger monsters. MPQ keeps you in the starting ground always but your surroundings constantly grow stronger as you improve, so it's getting harder to kill the monsters instead of easier.

The easy nodes were the only nodes in the game were you feel like your roster got better. With MPQ it feels like improvement gets punished: opponents scaling grows constantly harder, and if you score well you get harder brackets until you don't win anymore.

This exactly parallels my thoughts on this game. When I was in 2* land I was beat up on by 3*'s - and thought, some day I'll be 3* and be on top, just like an RPG! Grind and get the easy matchups!

And then they added different scaling to PVE and PVP.
    And then the added another level cap.
    And then they added different scaling to PVE and PVP.
    And then they added another level cap.

I was looking forward to this game being like an RPG - time put in made for easier matchups with the monster over-powered roster! I love playing RPG's like that, and it's a bummer more play time/days and a better roster over that time doesn't mean squat.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    Before, you had to play more optimally than 90% of the players in the bracket to get top 100. Now you have to be willing to grind more than 90% of the players in the bracket to get top 100.

Yup, I totally understand that. And I'm not willing to do that, it's already too grindy for me with the 8 hour system.

I get it, some people don't like being tied to the 8 hour timer that we have at the moment. I do not think making it more grindy is a solution. I suppose it's great for people who don't care about placement. Although, if you already don't play for placement, why not just play whenever you want with the old system? There is nothing stopping you except the small decay that we have but it won't stop you from reaching top progression (as long as they don't put it too high)

I don't get who this new system is for. Play whenever you want but don't care about placement, we already have that. There are no advantages for the player in this new system. Nodes get harder with each clear, placement is harder...

I guess hitting the top prog reward is easier but so what? The progression rewards are fairly bad right now in a PVE if you think about the time required. Heck, if they want to put the 3 top placement rewards as 3 progression rewards, go ahead, change to this new system.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I'd rather they have 2 versions of the same PvE side by side, one competitive (hence more difficult in opponents) & one non-competitive where you get easier opponents (& possibly lighter rewards).
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Almost 600+ day vet.

No comment on PvP, I am not really noticing a big difference. I still have no usable 5* so perhaps I have nothing to complain about.

PvE changes are brutal. While I never liked the schedule 8 hour clears put me on, to be a winner in the new format requires a 2+ hour commitment from the getgo. It is boring, repetitive and just downright silly.

Like folks above mentioned, it is a poor change and does not benefit us.

I am frustrated with the developers for continuing to skip on what seems like super obvious changes:

- get rid of critical boosts
    - make the roster sortable
    - display pve nodes in a better fashion
    - bump up progression and alliance rewards a bit per season

So many tiny small changes could be made to seriously improve the game and they don't even bother. No one asked for the stuff they do, and the stuff we ask they ignore.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    I think the most telling thing here is the fact that I have not been out of the top 50 in PVE in at least the last year+ and after the first shard I have completely stopped playing because the juice is no longer worth the squeeze. If I am only playing PVP 1.5hrs 3x a week this game will lose me as I find another game or something else to fill it's place and then even PVP won't keep my interest.

Grinding for all the rewards per shard was an effort but worth doing before. Now it is a huge chore. That is what is broken about the new PVE model. This is the perspective of someone who is routinely top 10-25 and even got top 10 in the first test of this model to really see the differences. Willing to grind if the difficulty (relatively easy) is worth the rewards (ok ISO return). Unwilling to grind if the difficulty (long and boring) is the same reward.