PVP Scaling question: Why not just have one leaderboard?

Options
JarvisJackrabbit
JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
Even having only been playing MPQ for a little more than two months, I've often wondered during that time why all the PVP groupings max out at 1,000.

I'm a top tier player of Spider-Man Unlimited, and I enjoy the fact that there is a single daily leaderboard in that game's unlimited mode. There are groups of 3,000 or 10,000 for events. As a new player here, I would like to know where I stand among all other players as I progress.

Issues of inconsistent scaling would no longer be a consideration if there was a single massive board (or a few if being able to select an end time remained in place). Perhaps there are subtle psychological FTP factors at play with the current setup which are beyond my immediate perception.

Smaller groupings for events makes more sense because the nature of the matches are obviously different. You're not competing with someone else's roster.

What do you guys think? Is there something I'm missing? How would you feel about massive PVP leaderboards?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    business reasons. I don't think they want the actual size of the player base as public knowledge. I'd love a global leaderboard too along with my global rank. but I don't think that's on the table.