Prodigal Sun sub2 Essential Node Points

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Howdy!

I'm going to submit a ticket to CS about this but wanted it out on the forum immediately.

For sub2, China, the essential nodes have vastly different points. Traditionally, point values are identical between Essential nodes.

However, today:

Doc Oc - 152 points
Ares - 233 points
Red Hulk - 431 points

Is this intentional? Was this factored in for progression point calculations, because that is a lot of lost point potential.

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I agree, the Doc Ock and Ares nodes seem to be well below what they would normally be
  • pheregas
    Submitted that ticket to CS. After not really that long I got the following reply. Hopefully we'll get a red response like yesterday that things went wonky.

Hello D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We will pass this information on to the developer to make sure they are aware that this issue is occurring and, hopefully, a fix will be implemented soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sub 1 was 4 rewards on the two most important nodes instead of 7.
    Sub 2 is wrong points on the essentials.

MPQ: 2
    Play testing : 0
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    152 x 7 is.....a lot. Why everyone complains Lol?
    Honestly I'm starting to be fed up with those tests.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Here I was thinking I was the only one getting screwed by the essentials. I just got the CP from the Rulk node and stopped playing the rest of them. No point in playing them for so few points.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sub 3 was back to all the same values. So an obvious bug. Any comment from Devs? This was a pretty big point loss for me with rostering all the essentials. I hit these nodes several times.
  • pheregas
    Since my OP, I've heard nothing additional from CS other than what I reported.

I've seen nothing on the Bugs/Technical page.

I'm a little disheartened that this was not even acknowledged.

Point errors are a major error. They are right up there with powers being buggy. And lets be honest, with progression points seemingly astronomical, that error is a huge one.

Let's estimate. Those two essentials were worth, on average, 192.5 points less than the Rulk essential.

If you played each node 6 times, that's 1,155 points, per essential, that are missing.

2,310 points are nothing to sneeze at. That's 2.2% of the max progression points.

Can the error at least be recognized, because if errors like this exist, then it is really difficult to getting meaningful data on a test since number of plays per node will be affected due to time spent versus difficulty versus rewards? I know I skipped the Doc Oc one instead of doing max clears due to that fact.