Crafting cards with runes

Options
Fitomagic
Fitomagic Posts: 25
Crafting cards could be a good idea to giving use for runes.

Now with 1.4 we can trade cards for runes but i think craftinf cards with runes can be s good idea too, this method is used by other games like hearthstone and i think is the best method to loyalty the players.

No matter how many runes we hace yo waste for a single card it will be always funny and useful

I suggest the following

Mythic cards 200000 runes
Rare cards 50000 runes
Uncommon cards 10000 runes
Common cards 2000 runes

What do you think??

Comments

• loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This would absolutely be a great rune sink - much better than XP - and it's a great way to encourage people to actually play the game, since all progress is definitely going toward your ultimate goal - getting more cards.

The prices you picked are insane but anything is better than no option! icon_e_smile.gif
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    I love this idea. They have released the patch notes now, so these should be the new values (based on how much we get for destroying our cards for runes):

Commons craft for 160 runes
    Uncommons craft for 320 runes
    Rares craft for 1600 runes
    Mythics craft for 8000 runes

Before you tell me these numbers are too low, go read the patch notes for 1.4.
  • Fitomagic
    Fitomagic Posts: 25
    Options
    I think the most importante variable is how much we gain with battle encounters, so if we get 300 runes /win in 30/wins we grt 9000 runes

50000 seems to be too much, but a rare should cost at least 50 wins so 15000 should be fine for a rare
  • ChrisTot
    Options
    Fitomagic wrote:
    I think the most importante variable is how much we gain with battle encounters, so if we get 300 runes /win in 30/wins we grt 9000 runes

50000 seems to be too much, but a rare should cost at least 50 wins so 15000 should be fine for a rare

It's all correlated.

We gain 300 per win and we gain 300 per 15 common cards that we convert to runes. It is WAY easier to win 1 game than it is to collect 15 common cards, so I think the first problem is that we are not gaining enough runes for converting our cards (in the new patch).
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    im definetely not converting my duplicated cards for those pitiful numbers they released. im gonna wait for something better

its like an insult to convert a mythic for 1000 runes
    convert a mythic or win 3 matches? makes absolutely no sense

they should have made a separate currency like in hearthstone and make converting cards into a currency only for crafting cards. 2 converted mythics = 1 crafted mythic
    8 converted rares = 1 crafted mythics
    2 rares = 1 rare
    50 uncommon = 1 mythic?
  • buffbeardo
    buffbeardo Posts: 154
    Options
    Yeah, I won't be converting my doubles for runes anytime soon if we must convert them all at once. I appreciate that the devs are providing this option in the forthcoming update. I do my best in life not to "look a gift horse in the mouth". That being said, I've been on board with this game since it's release in December (approximately 4 months). During that time, I've spent $30 cus I enjoy this game and I've obtained 6 mythics (one being a double). That's one mythic approximately every 3.5 weeks. IMO 1000 runes for a mythic is way too little. I love the ideas proposed on this forum relating to crafting doubles for a card a player doesn't have, but I just don't see that happening here at this point. Sure, Hearthstone does it, but that game is run by Blizzard which seems to have endless resources. I think an easy solution would be runes for commons/uncommons and crystals for rares/mythics.
  • But they won't make money this way.

An idea however that would keep making them money is, if you buy a pack with crystals, then any duplicates are converted to dust or whatever which you can eventually use to repurchase a pack.

This way those that get free packs and win pvp can't simply convert everything and then never spend a dime (they'll have to rely on rng), but those that choose to spend money will always feel "rewarded" even if they get duplicates.

Maybe have a daily reward be some dust to give free players a reason to log in too.
  • ChrisTot
    Options
    pandabear wrote:
    But they won't make money this way.

An idea however that would keep making them money is, if you buy a pack with crystals, then any duplicates are converted to dust or whatever which you can eventually use to repurchase a pack.

This way those that get free packs and win pvp can't simply convert everything and then never spend a dime (they'll have to rely on rng), but those that choose to spend money will always feel "rewarded" even if they get duplicates.

Maybe have a daily reward be some dust to give free players a reason to log in too.

I think they could still make money this way. I've been playing the game since its inception and don't have THAT many duplicate cards. Surely not enough to craft even 2 mythics of my choosing. But say i converted all of my extra cards and then played 20 more quick battles for example and that let me flesh out the final rare and 2 mythics I needed to feel like i had "completed enough" the origins set right before the BfZ set came out. Does that not sound like something fair for a loyal player of the game who hasn't spent any money to be able to achieve?

In every game, about 5% of the players are going to be whales (big money spenders). By being whales, there is still an advantage to buying the crystal packs early: buying them gives you access to the cards before anyone else. And that is understandable, it keeps the lights on. But just because some people keep the lights on doesn't mean that non money spenders shouldn't EVER have access to rare cards like Exquisite Firecraft. Seriously..I have a friend who's been playing less than a month since the game was released, and he still does not have that card. And he HAS spent money on the game. I believe he's spent about $40, and still has no way to get Exquisite Firecraft.

There's a fair way for the player base to be able to get all of the cards. I have 8 unique mythics and 3 duplicates. I "want" 5 more of them, but there are 11 more I don't have yet. There are 4 more rare cards i "want" and there is 1 more that I don't have. That's a lot of cards for a veteran player to be missing. It comes out pretty evenly to me being 33% done completing the base set. Trading away old cards for specific mythics I want seems very reasonable. I could craft a mythic with all my hard earned converted cards and runes and then get a duplicate of it in a 3-pack or Quick Battle, but that's fine..that's a first world problem. If this game wants to survive, the players need to have the cards..it is a card game after all.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    the problem is that you play a card get to get cards, there is nothing more to it, there is no other reward the game could give you besides more cards. So if they make getting all cards easy there is no point to keep playing, but if they make getting new cards too hard you are always chasing the carrot in frustration.

The game has a very step curve to reach that moment, let alone having the whole set.

If they release 100 new cards every 3 months all of us will we following the carrot in a stick. Having 80 of the previous set (commons, uncommons, some rares and a couple mythics) missing the hard 20 that we cant get because a new expansion will come first.

I started playing the 1st week it was released. Getting cards was easier in that moment, being able to buy packs with runes, getting some free packs from errors in the game, and getting a good chunk of crystals... and i still miss a lot of mythics and some good rares... and it will get worse and worse with time
  • ChrisTot
    Options
    EDUSAN wrote:
    the problem is that you play a card get to get cards, there is nothing more to it, there is no other reward the game could give you besides more cards. So if they make getting all cards easy there is no point to keep playing, but if they make getting new cards too hard you are always chasing the carrot in frustration.

The game has a very step curve to reach that moment, let alone having the whole set.

If they release 100 new cards every 3 months all of us will we following the carrot in a stick. Having 80 of the previous set (commons, uncommons, some rares and a couple mythics) missing the hard 20 that we cant get because a new expansion will come first.

I started playing the 1st week it was released. Getting cards was easier in that moment, being able to buy packs with runes, getting some free packs from errors in the game, and getting a good chunk of crystals... and i still miss a lot of mythics and some good rares... and it will get worse and worse with time

Well put. Indeed, there's gotta be a balance somewhere.