Roster Help No Idea What To Do Now

Options
Great One30
Great One30 Posts: 5
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Ok folks I need some advice from some vets.Ive been playing now for a lil over two months and made the mistake of jumping in without doing the research.As such I didnt know about scaling and whatnot.I built up a pretty decent roster and have a few 2 star and 3 star champs but now I dont know who I should work on.Am I ready to start a 3 to 4 * transition or should I keep building my 3 *'s currently?If so who should I work on?Also I just picked up a red OML and since then my scaling went crazy.My SS and Phoenix are both at 270 (which I regret now,lol) My champed deadpool is at 174.Would it be worth selling my OML or will it even make enough of a difference for scaling? Here's my current roster updated last night. https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Great-One30/ Thanks for reading and any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't sell OML. if you wanted to help your scaling some I might consider SS, but long-term, OML will make a bigger impact than any other character. it sucks to get red before yellow (I know, mine is 2/-/5 and still not usable), but eventually you'd regret selling him.

as far as being ready to transition. looking at your roster it looks like you're still transitioning to 3* play. you have a few champs, but transitioning to 4* really requires a large stable of top tier characters. like a dead minimum of 8-10 and 12-15 is better. and if you add any of the middle tier (like doom/grocket/blade/patch/gamora/torch), that number gets bigger, because the top guys (cmags, fist, im40, witch, cyke, cage, kk, hood, etc) really all need to be maxed before you can reasonably start chasing 4*s. primary source of covers for 4* transitioners (for me) was the 1K mark in pvp. in order for a 3* roster to hit it, you'll need 2 boosted characters nearly every event. and you'll need lots of experience (knowledge of the slices - lots of trial and error) and some hopping hp. that's kind of the reality.

my recommendation is to
    1-stop opening LTs. until you have at least that minimum 8-10 maxed 3*s, you're not really ready to deal with the scaling they bring (although that is theoretically being worked on and tested as we speak)
    2-keep working those 3*s and level those top tier guys first. leveling fist at 11 covers is much better investment than leveling someone like doc ock or sentry at 13.
    3-stop covering 2* characters at level 15 unless you actually plan on leveling them. to me ares is the only 2* left on your roster than deserves iso. the rest you might eventually discard (unless you're a completionist type, which is fine too). I've only kept 5 2*s (ares, obw, thor, mnmags, storm) and they are plenty for whatever I need for ddq. axwolvie and daken are solid characters that I used a ton in 2* play, but once you get their 3* versions maxed, there's little need for them other than essentials, and you can always keep a cover in queue for those guys and play their essentials basically 2 vs 3.

you can make your own call on SS. selling would help, but not that much. your phoenix has a good start at 1/1/1 and I would really hesitate to sell her or OML. selling a second would help even more though. try prodigal sun and see what the scaling is like for you before you do anything on that front. they're working on fixing that.
  • Great One30
    Options
    Thank you for the detailed response,something like this was exactly what I needed!OK so no more Lt openings..done.Only reason I did was because I thought I was ready for the 4 stars.As far as selling SS I'll consider it.I would like to hold onto him but I know 2 lvl 270 are really hurting my scaling also making the game alot harder and less enjoyable.And wow that many 3 star Champs to transition?I have a long way to go! So when you say top teir and mid teir are you referring to Dauthi's guide?If that's the case I'll use that as a reference for who to lvl up first. If not,who would you recommend for me?Again thanks for the advice and taking the time to respond and help me out!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dauthi's guide is good. the rankings that ebola puts out periodically are good https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40430. I have my own ideas too, but generally nobody argues with the following characters as a larger 'top tier' of 3*s:

cmags, fist, cyke, cage, witch, kk, panther, im40, hood, steve

the next group is generally:

loki, thor, gsbw, daken, blade, doom, grocket, torch, gamora, marvel, patch, deadpool (maybe hulk)

most have everyone from that first group maxed. those of us that haven't maxed 'everyone' have picked and chosen those from the second group that we like or play a lot. I may have missed one or two but I think I got most of them. and some may argue about the bottom of the 'top tier' and the top of the 'next tier' - some may like blade better than panther or something, but that gives you the general idea.

so, by the time you've got a good stable of 3*s, you'll usually have 2-3 boosted in any given week, so at that point scaling of 5*s don't matter and from random luck of token pulls you'll add some 4s here and there. and hopefully by then you've developed a method of maybe making 1K in pvp or a routine that can get you pve t10. then you can assess your 4s at that point and maybe see if one is ready for some iso. there is a top tier in 4s too that need to be focused on first. see ebola's rankings.
  • Great One30
    Options
    Ok now I know what to do.Thanks soooooo much for the help man!Cheers!