I was totally into the Webbed Wonder event until...

Sandwichboy
Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
...Duck remoulade? What? WHAT? That's not even a thing! Do your writers not cook? SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF FOREVER RUINED

/chefrage

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    but Otto isn't a chef, so is making that sort of error actually canonically correct?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Username checks out.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Duck with remoulade, not remoulade made from duck, is how I took it. But also doc ock isn't a chef, so maybe it's okay.
  • Sandwichboy
    No he's not, but they are clearly writing him as being mr refined planning a fancy dinner...and you wouldn't call duck with remoulade just "duck remoulade." That's generally not how it works.

...snarkiness and professional nitpicking aside, this event totally had me laughing out loud with almost every mission. Even if it made up a dish that sounds kind of gross and totally doesn't exist.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Could you flavour a remoulade with duck if you ground it up finely enough (the duck, that is)?

Although, I can't imagine eating just a remoulade for dinner.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should have said Duck à la Remoulade for maximum faux-chef effect. Still, hilarious.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Also... Daken doesn't have adamantium claws...

But yes, agreed the writing was great and definitely entertaining.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    No he's not, but they are clearly writing him as being mr refined planning a fancy dinner...and you wouldn't call duck with remoulade just "duck remoulade." That's generally not how it works.

...snarkiness and professional nitpicking aside, this event totally had me laughing out loud with almost every mission. Even if it made up a dish that sounds kind of gross and totally doesn't exist.

true. it was hilarious when Howard was laughing at Bullseye for changing his uniform icon_lol.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next step is to write an event that skewers themselves, and has the heroes belittling the DAs for showing up over and over and over, and/or the DAs in an existential crisis, trying to figure out new careers or hobbies or something.

Wasn't there a "You again?" dialogue bubble in Webbed Wonder? I forget who that was directed at, though.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Howard says it to the hammer agents in the last sub.
  • Sandwichboy
    I'm pretty sure I spent more time laughing at the whole "lamest version of the sinister six ever" exchange in the last sub than I did in the actual mission.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you guys think Doc Ock took some cooking classes?

ri2btMzl.png
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Do you guys think Doc Ock took some cooking classes?

ri2btMzl.png

Amazing catch, well played. See, guys? The devs do consider our most important threads! icon_lol.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's got to up his cooking game if he's going to impress Aunt May!