when 1.4 drops, please post updated PW costs

Options
loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Assuming there is no official source nor patch notes detailing the changes:

Edit: This part is no longer necessary as the devs have posted the power cost adjustments of all existing PWs.
It has been stated that multiple power costs have been adjusted in 1.4. Once 1.4 drops please hit this thread and post what your current PW powers cost and if their description has changed, and I will keep the thread updated. Level 50 people are especially needed but all levels could stand updating. Thank you!

Edit: Also, all you level 50 folks, do us a favor if you have the time and try to track your rune costs and what is gained at each level up to 60 if you can. This thread tracks what is gained at each level (still very incomplete) and this thread tracks XP costs per level.

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    Assuming there is no official source nor patch notes detailing the changes:

It has been stated that multiple power costs have been adjusted in 1.4. Once 1.4 drops please hit this thread and post what your current PW powers cost and if their description has changed, and I will keep the thread updated. Level 50 people are especially needed but all levels could stand updating. Thank you!

Level *60 I think you mean icon_e_smile.gif
  • loroku
    Options
    No, I want level 50 people to post before they spend their 100s of 1000s of runes on bumping themselves to 60! Those are the most important because I want to know if/how the costs have changed and whether they actually justify leveling PWs or not. The devs ...don't seem to have good instincts on how players intuit the best way to play the game. I want to know if they've gotten better.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    No, I want level 50 people to post before they spend their 100s of 1000s of runes on bumping themselves to 60! Those are the most important because I want to know if/how the costs have changed and whether they actually justify leveling PWs or not. The devs ...don't seem to have good instincts on how players intuit the best way to play the game. I want to know if they've gotten better.
    Got ah official reply stating that with next patch "there is no reason to not level up pwalkers".
    I am not that sure this will always be the truth taking in account abilities alone, but I am confident that it will be close enough that adding the other benefits of leveling(hp, more mana gain, etc) to the equation will lead that statement to be always true.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The patch notes do detail exactly what changed and what the new costs are for PW abilities. You won't need all this coming together for that, at least.
  • loroku
    Options
    The patch notes do detail exactly what changed and what the new costs are for PW abilities. You won't need all this coming together for that, at least.
    Thank you!

Will the patch notes include XP costs and what you get at each level? If not, hopefully the community can provide!
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    Thank you!

Will the patch notes include XP costs and what you get at each level? If not, hopefully the community can provide!

They mentioned elsewhere that the current leveling costs stay the same up to 50, but the 51-60 follows a different progression (likely much more expensive).
  • loroku
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    They mentioned elsewhere that the current leveling costs stay the same up to 50, but the 51-60 follows a different progression (likely much more expensive).
    Exactly. That's why I hope people post them as they level up!
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    It's 1840 from 50 to 51.

I couldn't get exact numbers for intermediary levels, since it doesn't stop you at each level, but it's 36400 to go from 50 to 60
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so its ALMOST the same to go from 50 to 61 than to 1 from 50

nice...
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options

These are not exactly right but a reasonable approximation of what each level takes. I wasn't very careful about stopping so I had to guess a bit. Comes out about 500 lower then true count of 3640
  • loroku
    Options
    Thanks, all! I've taken these suggestions and the one posted in that thread and put together a guess at how much each level actually is, based on the certainty of the final 36,400.