*** Thor (Modern) ***

1568101122

Comments

  • PuritasPuritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Being able to turn thor into lazy thor is a bit ridiculous. They should have a full iso refund for selling your thor though if you want imo. That would give ppl the iso back, which is half of the equation.

    Well instead of a full iso refund, if levelling up a gold character would leech from the ** version rather than your general ISO pool it'd be an incredibly simple and elegant solution
  • This is a bad move. So we have to go after Thor again and start over? Lazy is appropriate word. I am disappointed but yes I will go after him.
  • 2* Thor was never nerfed. It's power was just shifted. 2* Thor is still a very strong high tier 2*.

    Of course lazy Thor will be desired because he's a better version of a great cover. Better version of the same thing which is awful as I've stated but he's out there so people are gonna fight for him. That doesn't prove 1 way or another whether it's a good or bad implementation. That just shows people want string shiny things. I personally would have rather waited 2 weeks longer for a nightcrawler or silver surfer or something or a week longer for a modified Thor.
  • kensterrkensterr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    While everyone either hate or love the new *** Thor, I'm gonna speculate that they will release a *** Cap and *** Hawkeye to round up the *** Avengers team.
  • ClydeFrog76ClydeFrog76 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Despite his moveset being the same, I'm actually a bit excited about him and the idea of "gold" characters.

    Please explain. Same character, same abilities, except with a higher level and therefore higher max health.

    Where's the excitement? Unless you've got a major crush on Chris Hemsworth?
  • edited March 2014
    Post retracted to appease the forum.
  • So far the only thing we know about gold is that it indicates a higher level version of an existing character. How about we hold off on the tin foil hat theories that you can only buy more covers for gold characters with the blood of your firstborn.
  • kensterrkensterr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Impulse wrote:
    So far the only thing we know about gold is that it indicates a higher level version of an existing character. How about we hold off on the tin foil hat theories that you can only buy more covers for gold characters with the blood of your firstborn.
    +1

    Everyone else is just speculating without any further details from dev team
  • TannenTannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    To my thinking, it would be kinda cool if you could "apply" the gold covers to an already maxed 2*thor and just have him "upgrade" to the 3* version with his current levels as they were at 2* -- assuming that you had all three covers that is.

    Also, I'm withholding judgement on whether this is awesome or fail pending knowing the differences between "rare" and "gold" icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kensterr wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    So far the only thing we know about gold is that it indicates a higher level version of an existing character. How about we hold off on the tin foil hat theories that you can only buy more covers for gold characters with the blood of your firstborn.
    +1

    Everyone else is just speculating without any further details from dev team


    -2. Net total 0. How? Because I am the **** ba....nvm.

    Ppl "complaining" about things before it happens are also called ppl giving thier opinions. I really hate it when ppl say stuff like this. If you don't Like thier opinion, tell them why and move on or debate. Don't infer that thier opinion is without merit with no opposing proof. "You don't know,"btw, is just as informative as nothing at all.

    In this situation telling the devs you don't like it is very important. IceIX even said that they may not do more of these 3*** lazy x characters if ppl don't like it. So if you don't like it...SPEAK UP. Being worried about where they will go with it, as we have no real direct say in operations, is important.

    Besides all that, what IS the advantage? Very one dimensional "I Like character x, so a stronger version would be cool.". Well, a stronger but different version that doesn't overshadow in literally every way the older character does the same thing. Unless of course the argument is simply that you don't like change, in which case the argument ends there on irreconcilable differences of opinion. A newer character also avoids the same level of the power creep lazy x characters like lazy thor create. Also, different = fun.

    For even the devs this is, imo, bad. They did it probably because thier New model is to pump characters out really fast and hope ppl spend money on them with less chance of maxing them via tournements (imo), so i get why they would do this (to cut corners and push more out in less time) but I think excitement drops noticeably for older players and middle players when they see the character is exactly the same. No new abilities to try, no new mechanics...just...same. some ppl say "yay, upgrade!" and some didn't invest in thor before so to them he is new , but I would guess the vast majority are interested enough to win him, but not interested enough to BUY him. We will see...well, devs will, but I don't think they benefit from this beyond the direct lowered time it takes to lackadaisically add a constant % boost to the old thor via lvl cap and call it a day.

    As a new upgrade system down the road, such as putting 2 maxed lvl 2** third to create a slightly upgraded 3*** thor might be okay, this strobe light 3*** stuff could plausibly work. As it is right now, as a separate cover to level up with no relation to the older exactly the same cover? No

    So in conclusion I award you no points, and may Odin's beard have mercy on your soul(s) cuz I am
    batman

    Also @lyrian: you should never retract statements unless they are offensive or they are hurtful and you didn't really mean them. Differences of opinion are good for conversation to move things forward in a less partisan direction.
  • Why didn't they just release his blood brother Beta Ray Bill?
    One reason not to is that he's a different person, so by established convention you could field them both together -- a Thorbill team could be worse than Thorverine.
  • djpt05djpt05 Posts: 178
    But PVE or PVP events can still restrict to one of these two Thors right? That's the only problem I have
  • JathroJathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    I found it interesting that goldilocks is available as a reward at the same time as a new (?) divine tournament. I can only speculate as to what the rewards for that will be, but...
  • mytisbrewinmytisbrewin Age Unconfirmed Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    djpt05 wrote:
    But PVE or PVP events can still restrict to one of these two Thors right? That's the only problem I have
    Seems like it.
  • djpt05 wrote:
    But PVE or PVP events can still restrict to one of these two Thors right? That's the only problem I have

    It's not really any different from now where certain events might require you to use Modern Black Widow over OBW, or Ast Wolvie over Patch.
  • 2* Thor was never nerfed. It's power was just shifted. 2* Thor is still a very strong high tier 2*.

    Of course lazy Thor will be desired because he's a better version of a great cover. Better version of the same thing which is awful as I've stated but he's out there so people are gonna fight for him. That doesn't prove 1 way or another whether it's a good or bad implementation. That just shows people want string shiny things. I personally would have rather waited 2 weeks longer for a nightcrawler or silver surfer or something or a week longer for a modified Thor.

    Uh, Psyko. Didn't you agree that the reason why you didn't do Thick As Thieves was because of the Thorverine nerf?

    I disagree, he was nerfed. While his 3rd power received a considerable boost, the other 2 were greatly reduced in power. I classify that as a nerf, personally.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    2* Thor was never nerfed. It's power was just shifted. 2* Thor is still a very strong high tier 2*.

    Of course lazy Thor will be desired because he's a better version of a great cover. Better version of the same thing which is awful as I've stated but he's out there so people are gonna fight for him. That doesn't prove 1 way or another whether it's a good or bad implementation. That just shows people want string shiny things. I personally would have rather waited 2 weeks longer for a nightcrawler or silver surfer or something or a week longer for a modified Thor.

    Uh, Psyko. Didn't you agree that the reason why you didn't do Thick As Thieves was because of the Thorverine nerf?

    I disagree, he was nerfed. While his 3rd power received a considerable boost, the other 2 were greatly reduced in power. I classify that as a nerf, personally.

    It was a large part due to that nerf, more due to the wolvie side as he carried me through TaT. Thor I regret selling now that there's a respec option. He is just fine as long as he's a 3/5/5, still above 90% of other 2*. Wolvie got neutered.
  • Yeah I regret selling Thor and keeping Wolvie now. Thor is still usable but Wolvie is not
  • My humble opinion on this whole ordeal:

    Pros:
    New 3* Thor? Tinykitty yes!

    Cons:
    Copy-pasted abilities of pre-nerf Thor? Eugh... little effort here please, D3. You can try tell us it's raining but we can see what's really going on. Basically you're returning old Thor back to life with more levels. Granted it'll take awhile before we see maxed Lazy Thor's competing on tourneys but when we finally do some people are going to scream they're OP. And suddenly... it's Ragnanerf all over again.
  • I was glad to see the back of Thor in every team after transitioning to 3* characters. Looks like he's coming back even for high level teams icon_e_sad.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.