4* DDQ: Howard to the MAX

Options
13»

Comments

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tried twice, failed horribly twice as the board didn't agree. I don't think that punisher made a single green match the second time and hit me twice with the AOE thanks to 4 drops that kept raining down for him.

I don't care enough to try again. I am kind of hoping they never run a special event again because I am hard pressed to think of a time I had less fun with this game, and that is including the "you are supposed to lose" event last year.

hype something up as special.
    run it as the norm.
    remove all chance to level up that character until likely next april.

aka, a giant screw the fans of this game from them instead of what could have been a decent event like how they did dino with the anniversary.

I mean really, did it never occur to you guys that if you are going to run an extremely limited character in this game that it should be easy to get at least one of each cover for him so if players really wanted they could still use CP on him instead of making it a huge grind for a character that is barely usable?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it after 7-9 tries with a level 90 1/0/2 duck--boosts: +2 B/P, +1 all (you need 3 matches anyway regardless of if you use +1 or +2), +50% B/P damage (ran out of all damage). Only had 63 health left at the end.

It's purely luck-based. I only ever got enough purple to fire Duck, Duck...three times in all 7-9 tries, and two of them were in the time I finally won. Otherwise, the boards were always purple-starved. Matching the strike tiles is VERY important, if you can't make a green match. For my runs where I did get Howard invisible, victory and defeat was decided by how many strike tiles were out when Punisher got enough green from cascades to fire (the most ridiculous cascade for me was in the defeat where Howard managed to become invisible where the AI got a match-8 (!) row of green on the top row after a lower, off-color match 4 I couldn't prevent followed by a match 4 green also on the top row).

All in all, frustrating, but that's the only way I could get my duck to a level 106 2/0/2. At least he and Devil Dinosaur can be my new, go-to PVE trivial node team.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:

All in all, frustrating, but that's the only way I could get my duck to a level 106 2/0/2. At least he and Devil Dinosaur can be my new, go-to PVE trivial node team.

Trivial nodes?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

demiurge is killing those things off. no more trivial pve play for us (or prologue play either)!
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2 tries with 1/0/1. First one was very purple starved, so I was already way too low by the time I fired off purple to be able to survive a merciless charge. Second time was better but DAMN did that take forever to finish. Glad I've got him up to 2/1/1 now, but that was one tedious battle.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it 1st try with my 0/2/3 Howard at lvl 111, using purpletile.png boosts. Disappointed with the choice of opponent, I thought they would go something more fun here. Oh well, I still enjoyed webbed wonder.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This thread confirms I have some of the worst tile drop luck out there. 0/1/1, full boosts, haven't even come close.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Second try with my 1/1/2 Duck. The first match I went in +2 Blue/Purple, +2 all, +100% match boost. It went horribly; Punisher opened with a match-5-green, followed by a cascade of Biblical proportions that allowed him to cast green on his next turn and blue on the turn after that. I didn't even do more than 1000 points of damage before I was pate.

On the second attempt, I went +2 Blue/Purple, +2 All, and no match boost. Even though the board was starved of purple, it was also starved of green and blue, so I guess that's a fair cop. I managed to earn enough to cast purple and from there it was a slow whittling down of the fussy-faced Frank.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got it after 2 tries with my lvl 86 0/0/2 Howard. First time I focused on denying blue when I should have focused on green.

Boosted all color +2, blue/purp +2, +50% damage blue/purp. (Both tries). Took a while to whittle him down and kept adding purple duck,duck,goose whenever I could.
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Done first time with my 0/01/1 duck with 2blue purp ap boost 100% damage boosts on took 20 mins of slow matching denied green as much as poss hadnlucy board with few cascades.was nail-biting once he was at 2k health as he had 7green and was panicking waiting for him to get the last 3 before I done it, but managed to hold him back
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been trying with 0/0/1 many many times and haven't got even close...
    I have lost a lot o time and all my boosts...
    This is frustrating, pointless and stupid fight...

After all the Duck Season I have lost some HP on daily deals and opened 50 hoarded tacos. Finished with only one cover from story... This whole season was the worst thing I have experienced in this game. And Howard will be probably sell when only I will need a roster spot because I don't see any reason to keep it...
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Managed it with one purple cover but it wasn't fun and I could care less for the reward but I like to have all the characters even the dead ones so I did it anyway.

Would rather have had this as a legendary token icon_razz.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3rd try with a 0/0/2 level 70. I thought I was sunk near the end when he cascaded enough green, but I didn't yet know its damage wasn't boosted. Took forever to match him out. Things probably would have gone faster if I could have gotten off a second DDL, but for some reason he took purple matches whenever his colors weren't available.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was really tired Sunday, so I only did 5 attempts at it. I think my 3rd attempt was closest, as I knocked Punisher down to 250 before he did the last green match that downed me. I did two more attempts but then I decided it wasn't worth the effort to make Howard 0/1/1. First failure this cycle, but since it wasn't a Leg token, it doesn't bother me in the least.