Can we expect tournament rankings to have more divisions?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Like the title says, can we expect future tournament rankings to have more divisions? I've noticed in recent tournaments that the rankings are split by a huge amount. For example, I got in around rank #780 in a recent tournament and expected to be in a "top 1,000" division, but instead got in a top 10,000. It sort of surprised me because I had to fight a couple of times to insure that I was going to be in the 1,000 range, but instead got presented with something far from my rank. Wouldn't that give people less of an incentive to play in the tournaments if they know their is a huge gap between their division and the next one? Can we expect a change in this as the game progresses and gets out of the preview edition?

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    We're still figuring out the best bracketing for each Tourney type. You're bracketed per Tourney, not put into different sized brackets depending on how you do. One thing to note though is that we don't base prizes on bracket sizes but how many of each we want the playerbase to gain. Meaning that if we want to pass out 50000 of a given Cover for a Tourney, we can run 2500 20 player brackets, 250 200 player brackets, 100 500 player brackets, etc. So just because a bracket is sized smaller doesn't mean that we want less players to get something necessarily. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    We're still figuring out the best bracketing for each Tourney type. You're bracketed per Tourney, not put into different sized brackets depending on how you do. One thing to note though is that we don't base prizes on bracket sizes but how many of each we want the playerbase to gain. Meaning that if we want to pass out 50000 of a given Cover for a Tourney, we can run 2500 20 player brackets, 250 200 player brackets, 100 500 player brackets, etc. So just because a bracket is sized smaller doesn't mean that we want less players to get something necessarily. icon_e_smile.gif

Lol, I see your point about the smaller tournaments. I guess I was just focused on the bigger tournaments where their are a lot of players involved and forgot about the smaller tournaments, my mistake icon_redface.gif Thanks for the quick and detailed reply as well, I really appreciate it.