Cover Expiration Concerns

2»

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just sell the covers and move on with your life.

Seriously, one or two extra championing levels are so far down the trivial issue list with this game.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaentom wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    Allow all covers to expire, according to the star.png rating.

star.png expires in 1 week
    star.pngstar.png expires in 2 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png expires in 3 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png expires in 4 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png expires in 5 weeks

This is reflective of the difficulty of championing them. Four star characters who are even remotely close, CAN be championed in 4 weeks or less by an avid player. This is fair, no?

Now that is a GREAT idea!

Simple and effective. This should be implemented ASAP!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    Allow all covers to expire, according to the star.png rating.

star.png expires in 1 week
    star.pngstar.png expires in 2 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png expires in 3 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png expires in 4 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png expires in 5 weeks

This is reflective of the difficulty of championing them. Four star characters who are even remotely close, CAN be championed in 4 weeks or less by an avid player. This is fair, no?

Now that is a GREAT idea!

Simple and effective. This should be implemented ASAP!

Extending 5* to 5 weeks would not really help that much, if people do not have the roster to cope with adding a 5* then they almost certainly won't have one in 5 weeks either.

For anyone else has to keep it in their queue it generally means they need to earn the hp or it is a dupe and they are nowhere near being able to champion the character, neither scenario would really change with an extra 3 weeks.

A 5* cover needs to have no expiry date to account for the first situation and covers should be colourless, at worst when you have 5 in a specific colour and ideally all the time, the best rewards in the game should not be a negative for the player.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who just drew his 6th yellow OML with no chance to champ him (4/5/2), yes, I'd very much prefer those stupid 5* covers to not expire, at all.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    As someone who just drew his 6th yellow OML with no chance to champ him (4/5/2), yes, I'd very much prefer those stupid 5* covers to not expire, at all.

As someone with a 0/1/0 OML and very little prospect of getting even 8 covers for him any time soon, my sympathy is limited. . . icon_e_wink.gif

But I do agree that rng-only 5*s is a stupid idea that results in all sorts of absurd inequities in the game and should be changed.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    My opinion is that while you are a VIP your cover expiration date should not count down.

So when you initially sign up for VIP the count down on the covers in your queue would freeze. When your VIP ends the countdown would resume. If you continually re-up for VIP your covers would never expire.

Those are the kinds of things VIP should have given.

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:
    My opinion is that while you are a VIP your cover expiration date should not count down.

So when you initially sign up for VIP the count down on the covers in your queue would freeze. When your VIP ends the countdown would resume. If you continually re-up for VIP your covers would never expire.

Those are the kinds of things VIP should have given.

KGB

This is not a bad idea at all. If it's going to exist, then VIP should have real benefits. 25% faster healing is useless because almost all healing is accomplished by health packs or overnight sleep breaks.