[POLL] Howard or LT in DDQ

CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Demiurge has decided to give a Howard cover for completing the Duck DDQ this week? I assume this is in place of the LT - which would you prefer?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted LT. But I can understand HD, because that way people who can't beat it won't feel bad that they lost out on a chance to win an LT.
  • CaptainFreaky
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I voted LT. But I can understand HD, because that way people who can't beat it won't feel bad that they lost out on a chance to win an LT.

Hmm...to quote Hi-Fi
    A green cover (The Quack-Fu One-Two) will be the reward for Howard the Duck's Crash of the Titans mission.

So, yeah I guess that does limit the outrage from those who will miss out on an LT if they don't have Howard, but it also doesn't give me much incentive to grind for Howard covers - I wanted to get a cover so I could get an LT in the Crash contest. Now, all I'll maybe get is one more cover for a joke character who I'll have no hope of every covering.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I was hoping for (and expecting) an LT.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Wow, so they shoehorn Howard into the Crash and then take away the actual reward part of doing I? Make no mistake Howard is a joke. The character, the event, this whole tiny kitty Duck Season is a pretty big finger from the devs.

At least some people get to take a nice vacation from the grind for this nonsense.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    LT. Since they aren't going to give out enough Ducks to make him worthwhile on your roster anyway, keep that precedent going and give me something I can use.

And I'm not even considering drawing 5* (it's a 5* world, 4*'s are sadly now mostly irrelevant). If the option was "LT that guaranteed a 4*", I'd -still- take that option.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Neither as I am sure it will be nigh on impossible to beat unless you have paid for covers and have the ISO to level it up. Most of us will have 2 covers max come DDQ Quest time and they won't stand very well against a fully levelled 3*.
  • CaptainFreaky
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Neither as I am sure it will be nigh on impossible to beat unless you have paid for covers and have the ISO to level it up. Most of us will have 2 covers max come DDQ Quest time and they won't stand very well against a fully levelled 3*.

Unless it's a very easy contest...maybe a level 70 devil dino or something?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:

Unless it's a very easy contest...maybe a level 70 devil dino or something?

I'm really hoping that for a character a vast majority will have barely-covered and for a somewhat jokey reward that the matchup is something equally silly...like a Level 94 Bag-Man.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I'd prefer a guaranteed Howard cover rather than a chance to win Invisible Woman or Star-Lord or Cho.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I think the plan is that everyone who can win a cover elsewhere will have a shot at winning his DDQ (note that purple is the top-100, not the top-10, and invisibility could make otherwise-impossible match-ups winnable).

But I agree that, absent some way to fully cover him, awarding one of his covers in DDQ is pretty lame.
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Can there be an option D - award BOTH a Howard cover and LT?
    This way, everyone is happy, and would kinda make this Duck Season event special.
  • CaptainFreaky
    Can there be an option D - award BOTH a Howard cover and LT?
    This way, everyone is happy, and would kinda make this Duck Season event special.

I love that suggestion - though I kinda think that would get (nearly) 100% of the votes... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    Speaking of Howard and Legendary Tokens... Does anyone know if we will be able to pull Howard from the Legendary Tokens at any point?