1 cover OML yellow vs 13 cover Patch

drexyl
drexyl Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
edited November 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Which one is really better and who are some good teamups with OML yellow for pvp?

Thanks

Comments

• drexyl
    drexyl Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the reply.

level 166+ patch vs 270 OML. Sorry I didnt mention that.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    I like OML in that situation
  • Mjmacka
    Mjmacka Posts: 55
    Patch has an advantage here IMO. Built correctly, patch should be able to heal most of OML's match damage. OML won't be able to make attack tiles (red skill). His heal also relies on allies being alive so it will be less useful too.

If I were playing the match, I would save up enough AP to fire off a green, and at least one red. From there, OML should be low or dead with patch alive at full health.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    OML might be better for climbing, to save you on Health Packs, but Patch will be a more successful deterrent at the high end, probably.

OML's good as a hunk of meat between any two other characters that work well together; 4-Thor/IM40, for example, or Fistbuster. As mentioned above, Fist makes occasional crits in Black (OML's best color) which can deal damage in the thousands.

At higher scores in PvP, Patch+IM40 will be better at defensive wins since if Recharge goes off, IM will be stunned allowing Patch to clean up with Berserker Rage + an empowered The Best There Is. Patch is pretty easy to bring down but still more of a wildcard than singleton Logan. I.e. if he gets 8 green he costs you some health packs so probably worth a skip.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Patch is very good with the right team, and very bad otherwise. If you can pair him with someone who deals with the enemy tiles he creates, I'd go with him. Daredevil, Loki, Ant-Man, Elektra, Bullseye, GSBW, and Doom are all good choices. (Patch won't overwrite Doom's trap tiles to make enemy strike tiles, so if there are no non-trapped pink tiles, patch's green has no downside.) There are probably others that I'm not thinking of right now.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Both have their uses, for sure. IM40/Patch/Loki is a great team to climb up the ranks in SHIELD Sim; like ErikPeter mentioned, once IM40 self-stuns, it leaves Patch tanking at least half of the colors, or more depending on your Loki. If you get enough black stockpiled before this, you can just bogart the enemy special tiles and turn them into protects. You're almost unbeatable once this happens, and can slow roll the rest of the match to let Patch get back up to health.