The new pve test...in the prologue

tiomono
tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Edit:
(These suggestions I am making are for prologue. Not regular pve known as the story tab.)
I pasted in wgasadude's post because it said what i was thinking pretty well.
Originally posted by wgasadude

Not sure if this is what the OP had in mind but why not make the whole prologue repeatable once you clear all nodes? Then keep scaling it each time the whole prologue refreshes. Maybe uptick the rewards each refresh. Allows for a solution to Iso, scaling would lessen or remove use of prologue for true healers, but leave it available for the early transitioners. Also encourages building roster as new scaled refreshes could put your current roster out of range to complete... Boosts, hp, healthpacks, ...

And gives new life to prologue. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Needs to stay. But not how you may think.

Pve clearly needs some change. The test was not it. However I really liked several bits of the test.

1. Scaling baddies. It was rough but enjoyable

2. Play when you want.

So from these 2 points that I enjoy they could take the now pointless prologue (that is a useless tab once it's cleared) and employ my points there.

You want infinitely Scaling scream inducing difficulty? Here is your chance dev team. Give us some nice progressive rewards that scale with the enemy and give the prologue some life.

Even if it's not changed to this, let us clear it then still have it as a no reward sandbox mode we can experiment in. Even if that means you rig it to not affect the current status of your team. So no prologue healing runs.

Tldr.
Prologue needs love.

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2016
    Edit:

This is a great idea! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Maybe have the prologue nodes reset each week based on roster strength and scale up? Give people another place to grind ISO and boosts?
  • tiomono
    Only I was not saying put the new system in effect on pve events.

I am saying put the system on the "locked out once you have completed it PROLOGUE missions".
  • HaywireII
    My reading comprehension sucks today. Time for a break.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono wrote:
    Needs to stay. But not how you may think.

Pve clearly needs some change. The test was not it. However I really liked several bits of the test.

1. Scaling baddies. It was rough but enjoyable

2. Play when you want.

So from these 2 points that I enjoy they could take the now pointless prologue (that is a useless tab once it's cleared) and employ my points there.

You want infinitely Scaling scream inducing difficulty? Here is your chance dev team. Give us some nice progressive rewards that scale with the enemy and give the prologue some life.

Even if it's not changed to this, let us clear it then still have it as a no reward sandbox mode we can experiment in. Even if that means you rig it to not affect the current status of your team. So no prologue healing runs.

Tldr.
    Prologue needs love.

dont see how people are saying PLAY when you want cause you cant.. unless you grind at the start your going to be behind
  • tiomono
    I guess people are not reading.

Prologue, prologue, prologue. That tab all the way on the left when you are in game. The one that says prologue.

The tab that sits lifeless once you have 7 clears on all missions.

Add scaling baddies and more rewards onto PROLOGUE. Not story, not versus, PROLOGUE.

OK silly misunderstood rant over. I'm fine really, maybe.
  • tiomono
    Changed the title to at least show this is a prologue not just another story mode test gripe.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would play a 1000 hp just to rest the prologue so that I could play it whenever I want and get the rewards again. The prologue is the best part of this game.
  • wgasadude
    wgasadude Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Not sure if this is what the OP had in mind but why not make the whole prologue repeatable once you clear all nodes? Then keep scaling it each time the whole prologue refreshes. Maybe uptick the rewards each refresh. Allows for a solution to Iso, scaling would lessen or remove use of prologue for true healers, but leave it available for the early transitioners. Also encourages building roster as new scaled refreshes could put your current roster out of range to complete... Boosts, hp, healthpacks, ...

• tiomono
    wgasadude wrote:

This guy gets it. I guess I stink at being clear. This is pretty much exactly where my thoughts were.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're not going to do it. People would work out the strategies that would then allow them access to basically infinite Iso and even some HP.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but they devs aren't going to allow something like this. They want people playing competitively and spending money.

Note that when they got rid of 20 Iso, they also made sure you didn't get anything beyond the rewards available? They want the iso shortage to continue.
  • HaywireII
    Changed my original reply to make it look like I can read. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have been saying for an age that the Prologue needs something doing to it. Sadly OP this idea is not it. The devs don't want anything repeatable because of potential (20)ISO farming and the scaling from the 2 test events was just awful it started too high and then went stupid. From a continuity point of view the current Prologue introduced and helped build a basic 1* and 2* roster so any additions need to build on that and help players build upon that and start with 3*'s.

These past 2 tests were a failure because they tried to tinker with too many things at once, in future they need to focus on one thing at a time.
  • tiomono
    jackstar0 wrote:
    They're not going to do it. People would work out the strategies that would then allow them access to basically infinite Iso and even some HP.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but they devs aren't going to allow something like this. They want people playing competitively and spending money.

Note that when they got rid of 20 Iso, they also made sure you didn't get anything beyond the rewards available? They want the iso shortage to continue.

I'm gonna put your blanket in the dryer mister.

Why does everyone instantly assume the devs are only about the money all the time? This game is part of their job so yes it needs to make money. But that is not the only factor that goes into changes. You cannot tell me Deadpool daily was all about a cash grab.

How is a change like this going to stop people from spending? If you are burning health packs in prologue but still want that sweet new character in story mode what do you do? Spend on health packs.

This could only be a good thing in my mind. It would eliminate the dead space that is prologue in my game. It would give another challenge, another hill to climb in the progression of the game.
  • tiomono
    Linkster79 wrote:
    We have been saying for an age that the Prologue needs something doing to it. Sadly OP this idea is not it. The devs don't want anything repeatable because of potential (20)ISO farming and the scaling from the 2 test events was just awful it started too high and then went stupid. From a continuity point of view the current Prologue introduced and helped build a basic 1* and 2* roster so any additions need to build on that and help players build upon that and start with 3*'s.

These past 2 tests were a failure because they tried to tinker with too many things at once, in future they need to focus on one thing at a time.

Well then they need to make the prologue tab disappear after you clear all nodes.

Or do something for the players that will make the game a bit more fun and add some more actual pve content to the game. (The story mode is not pve. It is still pvp as far as rewards are concerned.)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 wrote:
    they could make sure it eventually scaled enough that even those with level 500+ characters would just say its not worth it. eventually it would hit level 600, 700. sure witch/jean/px could take the goon nodes down no problem (might not if px had yellows - eventually the board fills up), but who wants to spend 30 minutes on possibly 100 iso? infinite resources could be avoided pretty easily.