What's the point of "Daily Deal"

Banacek555
Banacek555 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
just change the prices to the discounted ones and stop trying to make out its a "deal" when it's quite clearly not.

1x = 50% off - good deal
10x = 5% off - not a good deal
40x = 1.25% off - pointless deal

So if sticking to first "Daily Deal" percentage the rest should be

1x = 200 HP
10x = 2000HP
40x = 8000HP

Or am I missing something?

Comments

• Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Banacek555 wrote:
    just change the prices to the discounted ones and stop trying to make out its a "deal" when it's quite clearly not.

1x = 50% off - good deal
    10x = 5% off - not a good deal
    40x = 1.25% off - pointless deal

So if sticking to first "Daily Deal" percentage the rest should be

1x = 200 HP
    10x = 2000HP
    40x = 8000HP

Or am I missing something?

The 10x and 40x have bonus draw rates for higher star characters than single packs (YMMV on the value of the draw rates, but that's not my problem icon_e_smile.gif ), and the 40x comes with a legendary token, the value of which is entirely subjective to the buyer as well. It's all up to you if those perks help, and as to the point of the deal system not being a super deal: okay. You're getting 200 HP off, plus the perks of the better draw that comes with bigger packs already. Hero points are where the most cash is made for the game, and it's always enticing to think "For just a few dollars more..." and it's simple marketing. At least the sales are kinda sorta decentish. The other option is to grind, grind, grind for placement and the freebies icon_neutral.gif

The real cost in those packs is in the HP for rostering and the iso for leveling, but there's no need to worry about that when the covers are flying, right?
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    I think the deal is simply 200HP off for the 1st purchase of the day, that's all. (The Heroic token is reduced from 300 to 100). The best daily deals were the 50HP special event tokens.. if I recall correctly, one of the tokens from the Ultron events were reduced from 500 to 50?

Correct that the "deal" part disappears after the first purchase, it is a true daily sale insofar as full price applies to the next purchases.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    and the 40x comes with a legendary token,

I don't know how I never noticed that a 40 pack came worth a legendary.

Does a 40 pack in a vault come with a legendary also? That may be more tempting.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    Does a 40 pack in a vault come with a legendary also? That may be more tempting.

Negative. You might get the Legendary in said vault if one is available, but you are not guaranteed anything good from a vault 40-pack. Your odds are just more plain.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 wrote:
    Eichen wrote:

Negative. You might get the Legendary in said vault if one is available, but you are not guaranteed anything good from a vault 40-pack. Your odds are just more plain.

Vault 40 packs are also generally substantially cheaper than random 40s.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    seinfeld-e1370894459283.jpg