The Hunt: Florida node

dokiy
dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
For the love of god, 9 nodes that are one shot and locked out nodes? Can't this be a simple fix and remove some of them? Or make some repeating nodes?

Comments

• NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I was just complaining to my alliance about this sub this morning. There's no other sub like this in the game, and it's very much a remnant of a forgotten era (dual subs open at once). This desperately needs an update.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Not gonna complain about more opportunities to earn iso. You can just skip them and come back to them if you really want to.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I was just complaining to my alliance about this sub this morning. There's no other sub like this in the game, and it's very much a remnant of a forgotten era (dual subs open at once). This desperately needs an update.

Why? Are you really that upset over having to play a few extra nodes one time?
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    I don't see the big deal. I could use the extra ISO. If they change anything I hope they make them repeatable.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The big deal is for the hardcore grinders, who spent hours grinding the nodes in the first sub to dust, depleting their health packs in the process. Having to play through 9 more nodes when the next sub opens is tiring. Having to play 18 nodes instead is exhausting.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    OJSP wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Not gonna complain about more opportunities to earn iso. You can just skip them and come back to them if you really want to.
    Unfortunately, some of the non-repeatable nodes open the last repeatable node. I haven't figured out whether we actually need to beat 4 of them to unlock that last one, or just one of them.

For future reference, there's only two non-repeatable nodes you need to do to unlock the last repeatable.
    1: Bottom right corner: "The Data Core."
    2: That node unlocks the "Back in the Lab" node just above the last repeatable node.
    3: That node unlocks "Showdown," the last repeatable node.

"The Data Core" -> "Back in the Lab" -> "Showdown."
    All the rest can be done whenever. I can vouch for this as I didn't do any of the others until after.

Also, those nodes open up after the first few none-repeatable ones unlock the first repeatable one. It's a mess of a sub regardless, though.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I love the extra ISO but the layout and how the missions unlock make me twitch.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Also seems like rubber banding is on? I've noticed the ares node changing points as I clear the others, since I didn't feel like taking on a level 225 ares quite yet this morning. I thought rubber banding had been elicited? Hard to keep track of all the changes
  • Darknes21
    Quebbster wrote:
    The big deal is for the hardcore grinders, who spent hours grinding the nodes in the first sub to dust, depleting their health packs in the process. Having to play through 9 more nodes when the next sub opens is tiring. Having to play 18 nodes instead is exhausting.

I grinded sub one too and had plenty of health packs left. Try using different team and not the same three toons
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    dokiy wrote:
    For the love of god, 9 nodes that are one shot and locked out nodes? Can't this be a simple fix and remove some of them? Or make some repeating nodes?

Probably not, Don't forget that this event was designed long before the revamps to PVE that effectively made the format 3 easy, 3 essential, 3 hard. I'm sure they would have to do a decent amount of work to redesign the event, and the path of least resistance was make a bunch of one time nodes.

What I really wish they did is make it clear what order to play the nodes so that you can do the repeatable path in one continous play path vs jumping back and forth between repeatable and non repeatable nodes
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    dokiy wrote:

Now just imagine how much Florida would suck if the test scaling was in effect. How many people would run out of health packs before they could do that first clear!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing they seriously need to do is make unrepeatable nodes give fixed awards, don't taunt me with the decent prizes if you are going to give me the **** crit boosts.
  • Darknes21
    OJSP wrote:
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I grinded sub one too and had plenty of health packs left. Try using different team and not the same three toons
    Personally health packs are not an issue for me, if I have a chance for good placement, I'd buy health packs if I have to. Neither is playing 17 nodes after grinding Alaska.

The thought of grinding that 17 nodes down to 1 at the end of Florida though.. makes me want to vomit.

The problem I have is if it's going to be a two day sub add some more rewards. Had most of the reward for each node before I started my grind! There is no fun grinding everything down to one and not get anything for the effort.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    dokiy wrote:

Phew, I thought we were worried about these 48 hour subs with an end grind that yields no rewards.

Definitely keep those and get rid of those one and done inconveniences.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, Florida is very high in the list of tedious, annoying subs. It was arguably worse when the hunt had off-set 12-hour subs, but it's still annoying.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Yup, Florida is very high in the list of tedious, annoying subs. It was arguably worse when the hunt had off-set 12-hour subs, but it's still annoying.
    my first experience with florida was back on 2.5 hr refreshes. winner was whoever played the most, non-stop beginning to end. every spare moment. at least there have been improvements of some aspects. even if others are still frustrating.