Devour hit invisible ProfX

JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
How did Devour do damage to my invisible ProfX? It's not an AOE attack. Prof was last guy left, invisible and was hit by a single person attack. Is this a result of a few patches back?

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    How did Devour do damage to my invisible ProfX? It's not an AOE attack. Prof was last guy left, invisible and was hit by a single person attack. Is this a result of a few patches back?

Invisible characters cannot be stunned (unless there is another malfunction).

What triggers Venoms AOE attack is, that there was enough web tiles out to trigger that. targets dont have to be stunned for that.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Invisible characters cannot be stunned (unless there is another malfunction).

What triggers Venoms AOE attack is,...
    Sorry, but i think this time you're a bit wrong.. Devour's not an AoE attack.

As for my answer, I tested it myself playing against Venom in one of the nodes in Florida.

I got Prof invisible, then allowed Venom to use Symbiote Snare. He was stunned too.

If Prof was the one person in my team and Venom had 12 AP too, the AI would've been able to use Devour on that same turn when Prof's status was "STUNNED (1)" instead of "INVISIBLE".

It's quite hard to replicate getting Devoured when invisible because I didn't want to waste health packs whilst competing for Howard or accidentally beat the node icon_e_smile.gif

I've never been Snared before when using Charlie's Angels, as far as I'm aware.. so I'm not sure if this is a malfunction or not

Oh, thats true, its not an AOE attack now... Will test this later...

Does it regain the invisibility status?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    devour isn't aoe, but the stun is, and the stun gets inviz px, and then px can be targeted while stunned, even if his inviz tile is on the board. happened to me a while back. px is not a good option for a non-winfinite team against baby venom. I don't like it and asked if it was intended that a stunned inviz could be targeted but never got a response.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't recall if he tried to stun me with AOE first or not... I'll keep an eye out for that next time.

I didn't think you could stun an invisible person, or that being stunned and invisible made you visible... considering stunned people can still crotch kick you when stunned (I'm looking at you Daredevil) you should be able to stay invisible while stunned since the tile is still out there (just like the trap tiles).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I completely agree. it caught me off-guard and inviz was my last ditch at that node and I had to retry it. I can see inviz being stunned by an aoe stun ability like venom's. I don't think that should automatically make you targetable though if the inviz tile survives.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    I completely agree. it caught me off-guard and inviz was my last ditch at that node and I had to retry it. I can see inviz being stunned by an aoe stun ability like venom's. I don't think that should automatically make you targetable though if the inviz tile survives.
    Right now, the game only supports one active status condition at a time. Whatever the most recent one is seems to take precedence. So if you can use IW to turn a stunned ally invisible, for example, you can actually short out the stun.