Lost points while shielded

RBwilliams07
RBwilliams07 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This happen to anyone else? I shielded and two minutes later get a notification I lost 34 points.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah during divine champs. That happened to me
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed my points were less than expected when I shielded. Took a long while until the hit notification popped up though. The points weren't deducted again though.
    I assume server lag is to blame.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    I noticed my points were less than expected when I shielded. Took a long while until the hit notification popped up though. The points weren't deducted again though.
    I assume server lag is to blame.

Yeah, it happened to me, and I noticed that the points were gone the match before I shielded, but the notification didn't show up until after I popped the shield.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I'll do you one better. I got hit last night for 69 points after the event had ended and I'd already received my placement rewards.

I broke shields 7 minutes before the event ended and hit a few more opponents for extra points. I guess someone got to me at the last second but the server couldn't keep up.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Usually the problem is server lag, and there was the big server issue during Divine Champions. If it was fairly soon after you shielded, likely someone started hitting you while your shield was down but didn't finish until your shield was up.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happen to anyone else? I shielded and two minutes later get a notification I lost 34 points.

It's lag between your client and demiurge's server. Someone reported an attack on you to the central servers before your client reported the shield.

You can't completely negate the risk, but it's a good idea to always check the leaderboard immediately after you shield. That forces the client to ping the server, which also ensures that your shield is reported asap.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    There has been an enormous amount of server lag for hits coming in for the last few events. It's very annoying.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I was safe in lethal intent. I checked my score opened my tokens looked at the prizes for next PVE. I just came back and saw I lost 71 points. At least I got the 1300 progression already
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Happened to me in Simulator. I shielded at just past 1900. Checked back and there were three attacks: Blocked, blocked, and -thirtysomething points. I had MPQ open for a number of minutes past shielding, and no notifications.

Opened a help ticket and got a response days later. By that time, I had made up the difference and crossed 2000 points, or I would have been pretty upset.

Would it really be the end of the world to credit both parties here? If there is "server lag", give the attacker their rewards but don't deduct attack losses from the party purchasing the shields if it's within a reasonable window. It really shouldn't be rocket science.
  • jvasses
    jvasses Posts: 43
    SO I put in a complaint and got the standard its just a server lag issue. This all started with the New PVP MMR patch. There is clearly an issue, but D3 does not seem to care. Get late hits ALL the time now. the best for me was during divine champions. I put up a shield, checked leaderboard, came back and lost Xpoints. left screen, came back and several matches bounced off my shield. A minute or two later, another hit came in that took X points off. I understand server lag, but can't explain how that happened. my ticket to D3 just said, oh, its server lag, it happens.