5* characters, do they do more harm then good?

2»

Comments

• kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Even with the new match making system, having a 5* cover too early will hurt your progression. It was the case for me: I had one, exactly one, 5* cover and got paired with opponents definitely stronger than I am, even after the new match making system.

I've sold off the 5* and things are back to normal now.

So I think having a 5* still hurts your match making
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I have a three cover Phoenix and one cover Surfer and OML, the rest of my characters are 2* champions and a handful of 3* champions and 4*'s with between 7 and 1 cover each. I have been able to hit 1K in PvP twice only. Once during the Magnetic Mayhem test and once during Divine Champions.

The opponents I have been presented are much better with the new PvP matchmaker. I can much more consistently climb towards 800 points although I still get attacked by people with level 250ish 4*'s. I don't know if that's because of my roster or because I'm worth enough points and I'm easy pickings.

After 800 it's a 4* horror show but my understanding is that everything is score based at that point and it's open season.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 stars suck for anyone that hasn't been in the game since day one or is whale, period. I have several "championed" 3 stars but am mostly in that phase while trying to level up my many 3 stars while making my also many many 4 stars useful. Finally broke down and sold my 2 cover 271 silver surfer for the iso cause I just don't use him. I'd do the same for my phoenix but I have 4 covers for her and have put zero.iso into her. Championing and 5 stars is the worst thing to ever happen to this game.