Give the option to drop from a doomed match

Zyrook
Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
Since the game can apparently tell when you're going to lose a match (IE when it won't let you retreat) can we just get a prompt to let us know so we can drop out? I know what the game won't let me retreat when the match is going to end in a loss, IE to keep me from leaving with some characters standing so I'll have to use health packs. I get that. The issue I have is time and frustration. The game's meta is so focused on quick hops and with two of the top tier characters packing powerful stun abilities is easy to get caught in a stun lock. And you want to know what's super fun? Sitting back and watching the video game play itself until I lose.

The game can tell when it's going to win, since it locks the ability to retreat whenever that happens. So can we get a prompt when that happens to let us drop and save us the trouble of watching the AI go off on us? I've had times where I've been locked down long enough that my phone goes into rest mode before the AI wins.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    That once happened to me near the end of a pvp, during a SW / Iceman match. It was like 5 minutes of me getting team stunned, characters slowly getting their health drained away and my real life energy and patience dwindling as well. In short, it made me icon_evil.gif

I would've loved to have just thrown in the towel. We should be able to retreat at any time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not that it knows you're going to lose, it's that you can only retreat during your own turn.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Alt+F4 maybe? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Just close the app and re-launch it...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    It's not that it knows you're going to lose, it's that you can only retreat during your own turn.

Actually, you can retreat when it's not your turn, but only if you're going to get a next turn. If you're not, you can't retreat, even if you won't lose for 7 computer turns thanks to stunlock or whatever. It's insult to injury, to be sure.

I believe they prevented this because of a potential conflict when the server knows you have lost, but it hasn't totally played out and then you retreat. Double score loss perhaps? Iunno.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or maybe we could at least hit a fast-forward button to skip through all the endless stun animations.