Fix to make Cho ever so slightly more tolerable

stryke
stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
Leaving aside removing him from the loading screen (please take the nipple away, please...) there's one really easy fix that would make playing with him not quite as annoying.

Just don't have the blackflag.png power flash if there's too many blueflag.png tiles on the board. One simple little fix and so much aggravation of that stupid message about late lunches removed.

Course there's always the option of not using him, but well he's boosted in Juggs and I do have him on my roster and I'm trying to save health packs.

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    stryke wrote:
    Leaving aside removing him from the loading screen (please take the nipple away, please...) there's one really easy fix that would make playing with him not quite as annoying.

Just don't have the blackflag.png power flash if there's too many blueflag.png tiles on the board. One simple little fix and so much aggravation of that stupid message about late lunches removed.

Course there's always the option of not using him, but well he's boosted in Juggs and I do have him on my roster and I'm trying to save health packs.

Mmm I don't want to be rude or anything, but this is what you want to fix him ?!?!?! Just that, remove the flash ?!?!!?!?

This change won't do anything to make him more tolerable, you just need to ignore black power completely, play him as he just had two powers. You will never be able to use black, NEVER (to use black you need someone like Doom or Quake in your team who can destroy all or almost all blue tiles, if they are not part of the team, just ignore black completely). So no improvement at all.

He needs to go back to the design phase and rework him completely.

PS: Oh, and buff Surfer too icon_razz.gif
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Polares wrote:
    Mmm I don't want to be rude or anything, but this is what you want to fix him ?!?!?! Just that, remove the flash ?!?!!?!?

Read the thread title I did say 'ever so slightly' icon_e_wink.gif

Of course I'd prefer a full redesign to make it worth the four covers I've found for him, but as that's probably a long long way off till then I'd just like to not have that black blinking at me and lying all the time.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are, of course, lots of other powers that flash at you when they are, in fact, not usable (Radar Sense as only one of many examples).

Might be a nice change, to differentiate between "You have enough AP to fire this power" vs "You meet all the conditions required to fire this power" although I'm not sure it would be worth the effort to develop. I guess they've done more work for less helpful cosmetic changes.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I would suggest REMOVING TAH from all tokens and rewards. Replace him with Howard if you want.
    While Howard is nowhere near the upper tier of 4* characters, he's still loads better than Cho, who is surely the worst 4* ever to be released (and yeah, I'm looking at you Mr. Fantastic).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've already made a suggestion in his thread in characters. Have his blackflag.png require a certain number of charged tiles in order to heal, convert a certain number of charged tiles to normal tiles when he heals, and to top it all off, create charged tiles if there aren't enough to activate the heal. More covers lessen the number required to heal or increase the number created.
    Oh, there could be a nice animation too! If there aren't enough charged tiles, Cho could pull his pockets out, and maybe a dollar blows across the screen (cause he doesn't have enough for what the vendor is... charging him. Eh? EH!?

I'll just go now icon_redface.gif