Which 3* should I level up first?

Options
az98
az98 Posts: 30
edited April 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Im kind of in a bind as to which of my 3* I should level up. Due to random luck/bad luck, I have five 3* about to hit max level, and some of them have extra covers sitting in reserve for championing. I am very short on ISO, so I only have enough to level one, and champion them. I currently have 86k ISO. So not sure who I should pick:

Thor: 12/13, Level 138, 33k ISO currently needed. Last cover will be earned in a week with the Deadpool Daily
Blade: 13/13, Level 127, 87k ISO needed.
Hood: 12/13, Level 102, 73k ISO currently needed. Last cover will be earned in a week with the Deadpool Daily
Bullseye: 13/13, level 127, 87k ISO needed.
Wolverine: 12/13, Level 78, 82k currently needed. Last cover will be earned in a week with the Deadpool Daily

I have extra covers sitting in reserve for championing:

1 Thor, expires in 6 days
3 Bullseye, expires in 9-13 days
1 Hood, expires in 12 days
1 Blade, expires in 14 days (will get it tomorrow with Deadpool Daily)

Who should I level up & champion first?

I am thinking Bullseye, to avoid loosing 3 extra covers, thought he is not the most ideal hero. After that was thinking Blade, then Hood.

I currently already have championed Rocket & Groot, and Black Widow.

Comments

• Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Personally, I would prioritize this way:

1. Hood
    2. Thor or Blade (depending on who else you have to cover the colors for you. Since you mention you have R&G and GSBW champed, I would lean toward Blade).
    3. Blade or Thor
    4. Patch.
    5. Bullseye

Hood will also help you out right now in Nefarious foes more than the others (including BE).
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I usually try to maximize usage of the number of covers I have queued in order of expiration rather than worry about character utility. Depending on your frequency of play, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to champion Thor and still earn the ISO to get Bullseye completed before your covers expire (although you're likely consigning Blade and Hood to the recycle bin).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    not sure if I'd want hood as my first, highest level champ. you want him maxed, but behind some of the other guys that might tank for him. I'd start with thor and/or blade and go from there. of course you could always max hood and then if he got out ahead of everyone else, sell a cover or 2 to keep him down.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forget the Bullseye covers. Sell them and use the ISO to level up Thor.

I love Bullseye as much as anyone, but he's not nearly good enough to be your first priority. Get Thor and Blade to 166 and you'll be in much better shape.

I wouldn't worry as much about Hood either. His best ability isn't level dependent and you don't want him tanking colors anyway.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I'd probably leave Hood till last, as said so he doesn't start tanking too much. He'll be my 22nd champion shortly with top one at 188 for that reason.

I levelled several characters so I didn't feel like I was wasting covers when I'd won or picked up a few, never regretted it, plus I freakin love Bullseye, he's one of the most fun characters for me, and tactical, it's not just wham bam hit powers, its working out how to take someone out with his powers or matches, then you are in with a great shout of winning most matches.

I find Thor works very well with R&G and GSBW, though I probably use Blade more. Patch is great, but you've got 3 weeks to worry about that.

All good characters and all worth Championing, just might need to chase iso hard for a while :-/
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thor and Blade first. Thor plus Blade plus anyone = you're going to do pretty well for yourself in most events.

After that... I'd go with Patch, but you need to be careful with him. If paired with a strike tile remover like Daredevil or Loki, he's vicious. If not.... things can go south really quickly if you pop those strike tiles in a bad situation.

Hood is only really useful when you can shelter him with other chars that will tank all the colors away from him. If you don't have the right team setup, he's too fragile and is KOd too quickly.

My $.02...
  • thesamuraipig
    thesamuraipig Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow...Bullseye getting the shaft. I don't know. I recently just championed my Bullseye and I have been using him a heck of a lot more than Thor Or Blade. You put him with OML and it's strike tile after strike tile. Also good with Mags yellow shields or Mohawk storms black attack tiles. And he has to be a higher level to match his colors and make his black work even better for you.

That's a pickle for sure based on play style but if it were me and I was sitting on three covers (which also means three levels, a legendary token and 1000 ISO back) Bullseye would be my pick.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hood last - you don't want him the highest level as he is squishy & will tank.

I personally level up to avoid losing covers, however that's for 4*'s which are obviously rarer. In your situation I would go with Thor then Blade as both are great 3*'s

Also if Patch is @ Lv 78 he will need more than 80k iso - more like 120k or so
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow...Bullseye getting the shaft.

I love Bullseye, as does Orion (apparently). I think we're both being realistic, though -- Bullseye isn't a team leading character. He's a powerful support character who needs (as you note) synergy with his teammates to be really impactful. I enjoy using him quite a bit, and do so whenever I can. But.... As a choice for your first main leveled 3*, he's a poor choice.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see your argument guys. But I think having Hood hide isn't nearly as important now with 10 health packs and weekly boosts. I think your advice is spot on for an era when you had your essentials boosted and 5 health packs.

Now, you are only using boosted characters and winfinite. I can tell you the only time I have played with lthor recently is when he was buffed. Same with Hood. He sits there until he's boosted (like in Nefarious Foes). And he's going to be tanking when he's boosted anyway.

So that's why I have stopped worrying about the tanking implications for the most part.

Edit: For the only characters you use, I am referring to those in the 3* level (and yes I know PX isn't a 3*).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Patch/Daken/IF are great for PVE.

Cyc/KK are great for PVP.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Personally, I'd go Thor first. He's pretty darn good. Losing the extra covers for someone isn't really all that bad. The big reward is that first legendary token. After that, it takes a pretty long while to get the next cool reward.

Also, if you have upwards of 2 weeks on your next guy to champion, you should pretty easily be able to earn the ISO necessary to pull it off. You may be able to pick two of the guys you have listed and just work for two weeks to get the ISO you need.
  • az98
    az98 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone.

I ended up capping Bullseye first, and will be doing Blade next. I have 14 days before his extra cover dies. Ive pretty acknowledged that I will have to sell off the extra Hood and Thor covers.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Wow...Bullseye getting the shaft.

I love Bullseye, as does Orion (apparently). I think we're both being realistic, though -- Bullseye isn't a team leading character. He's a powerful support character who needs (as you note) synergy with his teammates to be really impactful. I enjoy using him quite a bit, and do so whenever I can. But.... As a choice for your first main leveled 3*, he's a poor choice.

Agree with DaveR. In terms of bang for your ISO, you probably want your first high-level character to be able to soak up a lot of damage (preferably through a large health pool, but true healing helps out a ton in the long run too), but bullseYe is on the squishy side. (FWIW he's now a permanent part of my Enchilada team.)